Television,tablets and phones...

We're all more than just our Heart Conditions, so if you want to discuss last nights TV, your favourite sport, or just the price of fish, this is the place.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Television,tablets and phones...

Postby Mustard » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:45 am

Do you still have a television? We do but rarely watch it - but we're often guilty of sitting with the laptop on the lap, absorbed in something.

For any television programmes that look like they might be interesting, there's the plethora of catch up tv websites so unless it's a serious sporting event or something else I can't think of right now.... there's little point having to watch things live.

It kinda seemed for a while that TV's would just bigger and bigger but now I reckon the trend will be for having smaller devices that do everything.

Whatever happens, it's pretty cool the rate at which technology is progressing.
Mustard

Re: Television,tablets and phones...

Postby susan manley » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:03 pm

If you do not have a tv...even on work premises..and therefore no licence please be aware you need a licence to watch even on your phone
susan manley

Postby Mustard » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:06 pm

tv licence detector van "LOL"
Mustard

Postby susan manley » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:38 pm

we had a phone call following a letter saying they were going to do a unannounced inspection at the site and we [as the employers] would have an instant fine if anyone on site was watching TV on anything including mobile phones.
They didn't find it amusing when I said that if the chaps were watching TV a] what control do we have of that other than saying they can't and b] if they are they would probably get the sack

I thought it was amusing that they think we can do on the spot inspections of their phone use...like they would let us1
susan manley

Postby Mustard » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:35 pm

they're jobsworths , and outsourced too.
Mustard

Postby susan manley » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:01 am

we did not have a tv for years and, though we got pangs about depriving our offspring and got one in the end, our children do not have them and I know the grandchildren are better off without it
Even with regard to christmas presents as they ask for what they want/need NOT for what was advertised last night!
susan manley

Return to Non-heart Related Topics