your online life

We're all more than just our Heart Conditions, so if you want to discuss last nights TV, your favourite sport, or just the price of fish, this is the place.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

your online life

Postby Mustard » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:37 am

Many of us these days use other social networking websites such as:

Facebook
    Linkedin
    Twitter

and so on, as well as do our banking, shopping and much much more online. I think for us as a population this has had great impact - what do you do online and how has it affected your life?

For me, I have found many people who i wouldn't have otherwise via the Facebook niche groups, and even people with my heart condition through business networking forums!
I do my banking online, pretty much all shopping excluding clothes or food. And even food, every now and again I'll put in an order for loads of tins / heavy stuff as they typically don't require the human touch that your require when actually going shopping.

I am aware that the local high street may suffer, and there's often nothing stopping them offering delivery either.... :)
Mustard

Re: your online life

Postby susan manley » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:07 pm

Accessing forums like this for my various needs have really helped me. They have greatly diminished my feelings of isolation and, as long as you use good judgement, have given me guidance when needed
I also love playing board type games and as my husband hates them I use the internet since the children have escaped the nest
susan manley

Return to Non-heart Related Topics