Returning to GUCH

We're all more than just our Heart Conditions, so if you want to discuss last nights TV, your favourite sport, or just the price of fish, this is the place.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Returning to GUCH

Postby JUK » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:49 pm

Hello!

I used to be involved with GUCH many years ago. I also left Facebook so lost touch with many GUCHs who were friends.

I lost all touch and involvement with GUCH activities. I used to attend GUCH walks in London regularly and attended a few social events organised by certain GUCH members in North London.

I am thinking about re-engaging with GUCH once again. I am slightly anxious about re-engaging as I am been so disengaged from GUCH for so many years.

I met a fellow heart patient recently and we had some much in common and so I decided that the time was right to now come back into the GUCH fold.

Are there still activities in London?

Hopefully there are people in GUCH still who remember me. If not, that's not a problem either.

Best wishes

Joy
JUK

Re: Returning to GUCH

Postby elizabeth » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:50 pm

Hi, Joy

I don't *think* I remember you (sorry if I do and just can't place you).

This year's conference is in London on 12th October. You should come along! :D :D The office has the details.
TGA - 1976, Mustard 1977 & baffle repair 1984.
elizabeth

Postby JUK » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:56 pm

Hi Elizabeth

Hope you are well.

Yes I have been disconnected from GUCH activities for many years. I can't even remember the last GUCH event I attended. I remember attending events held by Amanda Eisa before she sadly passed away some years ago.

Ouch! The 12th October is bad for me sadly. Had it been in September or early November I could have attended.

In October I am going on a religious pilgrimage to the Middle East. I have also received the medical go-ahead from my heart doctor. So I am so pleased.

I am going on the Hajj, which is the fifth pillar of Islam and an important aspect of being a Muslim. The pilgrimage is the religious high point of a Muslim's life and an event that every Muslim dreams of undertaking.

I am very excited!

Do they still hold GUCH walks from the Brompton to the Heart hospital? I used to attend those.
JUK

Postby JUK » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:54 pm

Wow 194 views and no reply :-)

Could anyone let me know if there are any GUCH meet ups in London still?
JUK

Postby Mike_H » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:42 pm

Hi Joy,

I think I remember you on the message board. Were you politically active?

Mike
TGA 68 - Mustard 70
Mike_H

Postby JUK » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:48 pm

Hi Mike

I used to be some nearly 3 years ago. It is amazing how time goes so quickly. I still follow developments in politics but that is all really.
JUK

Postby elizabeth » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:50 pm

JUK wrote:Wow 194 views and no reply :-)

Could anyone let me know if there are any GUCH meet ups in London still?

Not as far as I know.
TGA - 1976, Mustard 1977 & baffle repair 1984.
elizabeth

Postby JUK » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:52 pm

The message board seems really quiet these days.....???! Not many people seem to contribute.
JUK

Postby Mustard » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:51 pm

As I voiced last year, this forum has died a death and I made a range of suggestions to turn it into a thriving busy website.

However, I am not sure who is head of business development at TSF but I don't think they read the posts. If they had then the site would have seem a massive improvement both in terms of traffic levels, number of members , activity, features and much more. Essentially it would be a place you would visit often and want to contribute to!

At the moment, without this being implemented, it'll continue to decline against the web 2.0 sites and their groups.
Mustard

Postby susan manley » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:36 pm

the GUCH board has gone quiet. I wonder if it is a sign that things are good for everyone, bad for everyone or if name change makes it more difficult to find?
susan manley

Postby Mustard » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:23 pm

susan manley wrote:the GUCH board has gone quiet. I wonder if it is a sign that things are good for everyone, bad for everyone or if name change makes it more difficult to find?

None of the above.

It's web 2.0 that has killed it. By this I mean social networks and with the most predominant by far, Facebook.

Are you on Facebook?
Mustard

Postby JUK » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:48 pm

I hate Facebook. I used to be on Facebook and now I prefer face to face communication and feel electronic communication is taking over our lives via Facebook and now Twitter.
JUK

Postby susan manley » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:28 pm

Obviously face to face is the best but I will say that until the internet I honestly believed I was completely alone. This board and others I belong to have helped me survive the last years and given me friends, even if they are virtual, that I can share good and bad times with.

I am on face book
susan manley

Postby JUK » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:52 pm

Hi Susan

I agree that the internet has its useful purposes and you are right about engaging with people when feeling alone. I think the same in some respect.

I just find Twitter moves to quickly for me and same for other social networking websites. I prefer the slower lifestyle.
JUK

Postby susan manley » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:20 pm

I cannot get my head around twitter
joined but don't use.
susan manley

Next

Return to Non-heart Related Topics