We're all more than just our Heart Conditions, so if you want to discuss last nights TV, your favourite sport, or just the price of fish, this is the place.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, Moderator3


Postby jetaxebabez » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:25 pm

Wonder if anyone can help. I am looking to move into a better place that is more suited for my needs been chd and needing the extra help and things. How ever my current landlord who i am with at the moment id housing association and they wont do anything to help as we was in debt with them,. What can we do for our rights if we have any as i feel that we do not have as many rights as people who are fit and healthy. No one wants to help so what can people suggest we do. We have been to a lawyer, and citizens and even Gloucester MP and all them seem to think that a small flat is ok for someone that needs a mobility scooter and help getting in and out the bath. i do have home help but i have not had a proper bath for over 8 months as i just can not pull my self up and my landlord wont let us more or adapt the flat as it is,. there reason is they will not be able to rent the flat to someone who is more able body if they adapt it to how i need the flat. my wheelchair has caused damage to the walls i am not allowed a ramp to get my scooter or wheelchair in and out the bath and the will not adapt my bathroom so i can have a bath lift or shower. can any one help me please. i am so depressed and wonder what i can do even my specialist at Bristol have tried and that's failed too. thanks again hope u can sort of understand what i am trying to get at. any help would be great. our landlord is Jephson housing association is anyone else with these and how are they with you.
Truncus artertious type 1
RV To Pulmonary artery homograft and VSD clousure 1984
Redo RV To Pulmonary artery homograft 1993
Post-operative mediastinitis
Severe re-stenosis of RV TO PA homograft with supra systemic rv pressure
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:55 am
Location: Gloucester


Postby Paul Polo Willgoss » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:10 pm


Sorry you're having so many problems, and I don't have any direct answers... However, 2 organisations that I know have helped others in situations that have sounded similar are:

http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/contact.htm - I'd try the independent living line first

http://www.scope.org.uk/dial - again the independent living people may be a good starting point

Hope you get things sorted - and don't forget TSF may be able to help, give their helpline a call...

The year of the mid-life crisis

User avatar
Paul Polo Willgoss
Posts: 917
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:03 pm
Location: Liverpool


Postby firebird » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:53 pm


I'm sorry to hear that you're having such difficulties. As well as the links Paul suggested perhaps you could also contact Shelter, they can provide independent advice on housing related legal matters.


I hope that you find resolution.

Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:26 pm
Location: Merseyside


Postby vicki » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:07 am


I'm sorry I've just seen this. A couple of things... Have you had an assessment of your needs from the local authority social work department? It's not up to the housing association to say the adaptations which are in place are suitable or your needs- it's up to the local authority to say that.

The issue is you probably are suitably housed- you just need a bit of help to be more independent. Try the people Paul suggested, I always liked the Disability Information Advice Line- which nowadays comes under the umbrella of SCOPE. Your local Citizen Advice Bureau is a great resource too.

Please let us know how you are getting on.

Posts: 589
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:49 am
Location: glasgow

Return to Non-heart Related Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest