Medical School?

We're all more than just our Heart Conditions, so if you want to discuss last nights TV, your favourite sport, or just the price of fish, this is the place.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Medical School?

Postby gosnold » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:01 pm

Hey
I'm looking to apply to graduate medical school for 2013 entry. Seems a long way away I know but have to start planning early. Just wondered if anyone had any experience of this? or just about the application process? or going through med school itself.
I currently a 2nd year student nurse.
Abbie
Co-archtation of the Aorta
Parachute Mitral Valve
Mitral Valve Regurgitation
Aortic Stenosis
Aortic Stent
gosnold

Medical School

Postby jacquidore » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:11 am

Hi Abbie

Well done to you. As a nurse you will know the stresses and strains of nursing, so this will prepare you. Though the hours trainee doctors put in a considerably more, it depends on your overall health.

Talk to your own consultant so that you are prepared if necessary to get his/her support in your application process.

I did not do medicine, but did do Social Work and met loads of stumbling blocks.

Be prepared and all the best for your future, do keep us posted how you get on. I do realise it is a long way off.

Take care

Jacqui
jacquiDore
jacquidore

Return to Non-heart Related Topics