New Guidance on Pre Employment Medical Questionaires

We're all more than just our Heart Conditions, so if you want to discuss last nights TV, your favourite sport, or just the price of fish, this is the place.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

New Guidance on Pre Employment Medical Questionaires

Postby tiggersam » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:44 am

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone might point me in the right direction to read up on the new rules/guidance on Pre Employment Medical Questionaires

Also has GUCH produced an information sheet on this ( I think it may have) please and how might I obtain a copy

Many thanks

Sam
Repair of VSD and pulomonary stenosis 1972 @ GOSH
RBBB and light leak from pulmonary valve
type two diabetic
Primary Ovarian Failure
oesteoarthritus - bone and joint problems - poss heart related
tiggersam

Postby elizabeth » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:09 pm

Hi, Sam

As I understand it, the new Equality Act means that these can't be used any more, though once a conditional job offer has been made employers can ask relevant questions. They can ask certain things at an earlier stage. This article seems to give a good intro:
http://clmlaw.co.uk/employment_law/2010 ... questions/

And I am sure that if you plug any specific point you want to know about into Google you will get a whole selection of answers!

I don't think I have seen anything specific from GUCH PA about this but I am sure if you contact the office, John will be able to give you the definitive answer as to whether anything has been produced.
TGA - 1976, Mustard 1977 & baffle repair 1984.
elizabeth

Return to Non-heart Related Topics