Rollercoasters

A forum exclusively for 13-19 year olds to connect and share experiences. Always let people know where you are going and don't give out personal information online.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Rollercoasters

Postby Ree » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:52 pm

hi, been told all my life i'm not aloud on rollercoasters but the 1st time i went to the adult cardiologist said yeah it should be fine becuase my problems only mild, anyone tried a rollercoaster?
p.s. i'm at uni and i love it!
Ree

Postby peanutking » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:09 pm

Ive always ignored the warnings on rollercoasters and have never had any problems from it.

Lisa, 19
peanutking

Rollercoasters

Postby Tim20 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:40 pm

Been on loads, the only ones ive been told to stay clear of are the ones that go straight up around a tower and then drop, but that was three weeks after my transplant. I also do a lot of karting with high g-loads and never 'touch wood' have had a problem!
Tim20

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:41 pm

whoops supposed to reply to the orginal post

Postby Juicy_Lucy » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:28 am

i am off to my local theme park soon 4 my b'day and i am going on EVERY ride! i have neva listened to my doctor about wot i can and cant do. if i had i would have stopped sport ages ago!
Aortic Stenosis
Had Aortic Autograft and Pulmonary Homograft July 04

XxXxXxX You Are Only Free In Your Dreams XxXxXxX
Juicy_Lucy

Postby louloulolly » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:24 pm

Hi, I'm going to Florida on Saturday which has loads of rollercoasters there. There's a new one at Bush Gardens in Tampa Bay it's like The Oblivion at Alton Towers except worse because it has 2 huge drops instead of one it looks really good, I'm also going on The Incredible Hulk Coaster in Universal's Islands of Adventure.

I've also been on The Twilight Zones Tower Of Terror in Dsiney's MGM park straight after breakfast, just to fill you in, the Tower of Terror is a lift that drops 13 stories (sp), only now it's even worse now because it's random so you don't know when it's going to drop.
Sorry to hijack your board I just wanted to say my piece.
louloulolly

sumthing which may interst u

Postby Ree » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:35 pm

Ree

Postby louloulolly » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:41 pm

Hi, just got back from Florida (this morning), I did go on some rollercoasters, I went on Kracken at Seaworld twice, Hulk Coaster at Universal Islands of adventure, Duelling Dragons also at Islands of adventure and Gwazi at Bush Gardens. I'm very tired (Jetlagged) because I didn't get much sleep on the plane.

I'm falling asleep so I will stop now.
louloulolly

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:07 pm

i think you shouldn't ignore what your doctor says. He/She's obviously saying it for a reason. You must respect your doctors advice, they know more about it than you do.

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:40 pm

I think we're all guilty of ignoring some things our docs say! I was told I shouldn't go about 6,000 feet but I've skiied loads of times at over 9,000! Still here and loved every minute! I'm not condoning ignoring doctor's advice but isn't life a risk anyway? I would go on rollercoasters if I wanted to - I don't happen to like them. My parents were told when I was little I shouldn't ride horses but I started riding when I was 7 (my parents made the great decision of if I wasn't going to live very long I might as well enjoy it!) and I've ridden ever since! I even went on living which I was told not to do!!!

I've hijacked this teenage forum board as I'm definitely not still a teenager - but I totally understand although it may not always be wise! Good luck!

Postby sugar_rush » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:04 pm

I've never been on one and don't want to go on one either. I dunno they seem too fast for me and I was sick going on a simulater thingie :roll:
Babydoll
sugar_rush

Postby kadahl » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:22 pm

I think it depends on your current condition. If your doctor says you can't - don't do it. There's always a reason for it. I have always been told I shouldn't ride rollercoasters and I haven't done it either, even if I have been tempted to do it at times! :wink:
~ Karolina ~
Truncus Arteriosus Communis, ASD & VSD
--------------
1986 ASD & VSD fixed, new conduit inserted.
1998 Conduit replaced.
2000 New aortic (pig) valve inserted.
2003 Conduit replaced.
2011 Aortic valve (bovine) replaced jan 20
kadahl

Postby blonde_saint » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:25 am

My cardiologist said he doesnt want me to tell him if i go on a rollercoaster :lol: and he also said that it depends on how I feel at the time to if I go on or not! So whenever I go to places that have rollercoasters I never commit myself to going on and when we get to that I will then see how I feel and no body knows me and how I feel as much as myself thats all you can do just pace yourself and you will be fine
lv deb xx :)
blonde_saint

Postby Stugy » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:49 am

I've been on roller coasters alot, there great fun. I've never had any problems, i've also never asked my cardiologist though so i dont know what he would say. First time i did it my mum was really worried but since then she's calmed down, It really is an individual choice. just make sure if you decide to do it you do it because you want to and know the risks. not sure if that helps i tend to go on a bit.
Stugy

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:21 pm

Haven't been on in a while but saw this post and woundered if anyone with a pacemaker had been on rollercoasters all my mates want to go to florida next year and i really want to do everything they do too.
thanks zoey
x

Next

Return to Teenage GUCHs Forum