Unstable INR when on Warfarin

A forum exclusively for 13-19 year olds to connect and share experiences. Always let people know where you are going and don't give out personal information online.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Unstable INR when on Warfarin

Postby mtlaws92 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:33 am

Hello All,

Just wondering if any has been or is on Warfarin medication and undergoing Anticoag Therapy.

If so, please can you get in contact, especially if you have suffer unstable INR, as I am experiencing this at the moment and want to know some more info and if there any one out there with the same situation and if they know solutions.

Thanks Mitch.
mtlaws92

Postby Marc Walls » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:38 pm

Hi Mitch. How long have you been on Warfarin for. If its quite recently started it can take a while to find out a dosage amount that will keep you in range. If not there are many things that can cause the fluctuations but its no real panic. Just keep your self up to date often with ya INR and it will regulate.
Is this box really gonna be big enough for me to explain my medical history. Ummmmmm.

I'm back to front!
Marc Walls

Re: Unstable INR when on Warfarin

Postby jessiejay » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:07 am

Hey mitch!
I'm 19 years old I've been on warfrin since I was 5 years old have the same problem as you! I have my own blood testing machine, my INR range is 3-4 BUT at the moment it is between 1-2 the levels usually change if you've consumed alcohol or if you have forgotten to take your warfrin... make sure you check what food you are eating too cranberries for example are a big thing that can alter your range.. hope this helps, pm me if you want!
Jess
xx
jessiejay

Re: Unstable INR when on Warfarin

Postby mtlaws92 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:53 am

Thank you for your replies .... Sorry my reply is late not been able to access account.
mtlaws92

Return to Teenage GUCHs Forum