Meet other teenagers! New Speak Up workshops...

A forum exclusively for 13-19 year olds to connect and share experiences. Always let people know where you are going and don't give out personal information online.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Meet other teenagers! New Speak Up workshops...

Postby victoria_scarlett » Fri May 07, 2010 9:12 am

Speak Up is the BHF's fun, one day workshop for young people aged between 13 and 19 who are living with heart conditions.

At Speak Up you will learn more about:

How to feel more confident
How to communicate with others
How to talk to others about your condition in a supportive and creative way
Dates of Speak Up workshops in 2010:
Time: 10am – 3pm (includes lunch)

22 May - London
26 June - Bristol
11 September - Newcastle
23 October - Birmingham
20 November - Manchester
You will also meet other young people with heart conditions.

The Speak Up workshop is completely free. The BHF will also pay for you to travel to and from the workshop.

"I think the workshop taught me that you need to talk to people, tell them about your heart condition - otherwise you're not being fair on them and you can't expect them to understand…"

For more information please contact Sarah on ashtons@bhf.org.uk / 02075540404 or visit www.yheart.net/meet
victoria_scarlett
Volunteer Manager

Postby heartteenmum » Fri May 07, 2010 9:28 am

My son has been to two of the London Speak Up Workshops. Sarah Ashton and her team know that each time it has been reluctantly BUT he does end his day smiling and in good spirits. He has even been known to admit that he was glad he attended

If anyone goes on their website, he is the tall lad standing up by the letter "e"
heartteenmum

Re: Meet other teenagers! New Speak Up workshops...

Postby Charlotte1-x » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:36 pm

Hi,I am part of my BHF and I go to the workshops i went to the weekend stunner camp and it was really good i made some life long friends there and even some who have got the same heart condition as me which is pulmonary atresia with ventricular septal defect.
Charlotte1-x

Return to Teenage GUCHs Forum