Anyone feel embarresed they have a heart condition

A forum exclusively for 13-19 year olds to connect and share experiences. Always let people know where you are going and don't give out personal information online.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Anyone feel embarresed they have a heart condition

Postby aaron1 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:20 pm

Hi all when I first found out I had a heart condition I was very scared and didnt know what to do I never told anyone because I didnt want people talking about me I was worried what people would think but as I have got older and became a stronger person I have found it easier to talk about it I also now feel better that I know now im not alone and there are people out there with my condition
aaron1

Postby jrc123 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:12 pm

don't be embarrassed, be proud! just think that you survived something amazing, and have a fantastic story to tell. i had open heart surgery at 11 weeks old and have a scar going right down my front, and am so lucky to have survived when the chances were about 50/50. i am very proud of my scar, and never mind when people ask me about it - it makes me feel special, because i always know that i am different to everyone else in my own special way. so be nothing but proud - its who you are. :D
jrc123

Heart condition

Postby bionicman » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:49 am

Do not ever fell embarassed because you have a heart condition. I have had my problems since birth but still walk around in Spain with no shirt on showing my scar with pride. It is also funny when people wearing sunglasses think you can't tell that they are looking at you, they forget that their head turns.

Born 1975, Problem discovered at 8mths
VSD, MITRAL VALVE PROLAPSE, SEVERE AORTIC INCOMPETANCE AND SUB-AORTIC STENOSIS(OPERATIONS 1982,84,86), Mr Abrahms
1998 ATRIAL FIBRILLATION
2003 RECCURENT ATRIAL FIBRILLATION, SIGNIFICANT LEFT VENTRICULAR OUTFLOW TRACT OBSTRUCTION, LEFT VENTRICULAR HYPERTROPHY AND SEVERE AORTIC INCOMPETANCE.
2005 SUB-AORTIC STENOSIS RESECTION & AORTIC VALVE REPLACEMENT(23mm Carbomedics mechanical valve), Mr Barron
bionicman

Postby Michelle » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:45 pm

I'm a florist and the shop I work in is always cold, freezing mostly, has to be because of the flowers. I go very blue when I'm cold but I don't realise, I get such funny looks of the customers cos I must obviously be really blue and they're a bit unsure, make me laugh, sometimes I explain it, others time I leave them puzzled, depends what kind of mood I'm in :)
Michelle

NO FEAR

Postby braveheart » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:19 am

I once saw a guy wearing a 'NO FEAR' branded t-shirt and on the back it had the words

' Scars Tattoos of the BRAVE'

I thought wow how appropriate that wording is for us with a congenitial heart condition. I'd love to know where he bought the t-shirt. Would love to get one.

Jonathan
braveheart

Return to Teenage GUCHs Forum