ross procedure?

A forum exclusively for 13-19 year olds to connect and share experiences. Always let people know where you are going and don't give out personal information online.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

ross procedure?

Postby jojo21 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:06 pm

right in june im getting the ross procedure. and i just wanna ask if anyone whos on this has had this operation and are fine and well?
how long were you in hospital for? an have you anything to tell people about the operation?

thanks
Jordan
jojo21

ross proceedure

Postby Forlyd » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:04 pm

hello Jordon,
This is Derrick, hubby to Lydia ( forlyd).
Sorry to be so late in replying. My only excuse is that, as Lydia is a 61 years old Guch, we don't usually look at the young peoples site.
First, Lydia cannot tell you about any experience of the Ross Proceedure because that is one of the few ops she has not had done.
But you can read up on the operation and why it is done if you go onto the internet. Bring up the internet page and print in the search panel
INFORMATION/HEART/ROSS PROCEEDURE

It's as simple as that ! If you read Lydia's profile it gives a brief outline of who she is. There is a lot more but no space to list everything.
Hope we have been of help. Take good care of yourself and remember, surgeons of today are brilliant !
All the best, from Lydia.
Tof,Pulmonary valvotomy 1952,Pott's shunt 1955,Pott's correction-VSD & dacron graft with Hancock valve 1975. Ablation 2001.Bivent.fail & AF 2002. Cardioversion 2002.Paroxy AF 2002. Ostial stenosis right CA. Cardiac arrrest-ICD 2004. In AF-vent/pacing.
Forlyd

Postby lisap » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:11 pm

Hi Jordan

I've PM'd you.

Lisa
Lisa P

Angios, TOE's, MRI's & CT's
AV replacement surgery & aortic root enlargement 28th March 08
AV replacement (mechnical), aortic root enlargement and conoventricular septoplasty 26 Feb 2015
Endocarditis Winter 2014
Bristol GUCH patient
lisap

Return to Teenage GUCHs Forum