questions to girls

A forum exclusively for 13-19 year olds to connect and share experiences. Always let people know where you are going and don't give out personal information online.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

questions to girls

Postby becki_boo » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:23 pm

erm, okay, embarrassed much :D

erm, so girls mainly, how have your partners been about your scars?

its just i have a scar under my left breast, and a hug one down my cleavage, and im just wondering how your partners took the heart problems and scars news.

thanks xxx
16 :)
Feel free to add me
becki_boo

Postby Emilyy-Jaynee » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:54 pm

No ones been bothered about mine :), I dont mean i like to show them off but im not ashamed of them, they show that we are strong and we have fought to be here todayy and having a scar is nothing compared to not being here todayy tbh :)

xxx
Emilyy-Jaynee

Postby blonde_saint » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:04 am

I have a scar down my chest and 1 that goes from my side and up my back, my partner is great with me and just says its part of who I am, I've been with him for 8 months or so and its never caused any problems between us infact it seems to have made us closer to each other.
Deb x
Now a very happily married Mrs Rigby!
blonde_saint

Postby michelle1976 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:13 pm

Hiya,
I have a scar going from under my left breast & around my back, another going down the centre of my chest and 6 small scars off chest drains. My partner; who i have been with for nearly 7 years is not bothered at all. He says its part of me and I wouldn't be here without them.

Don't worry about what a boyfriend will say or react as its part of you and their only right for you if they accept the scars.

Be proud of your scars and wear whatever top you want, I do!!

Love michelle xx
michelle1976

Postby JillyS » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:43 pm

Hi.
My partner doesn't have a problem with my big clevage scar. He;s got used ot it and says its just like my freckles or any other blemishes on my skin. It's me that has the problem with it if anything.
I guess you just have to work on the principle of nobody else is thinking about your scar, only you are (like going into a party in a very short dress...).
JillyS

Postby lisap » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:26 pm

My hubby thinks my scar is fantastic which is much better a description than I would give it. He just looks at it sometimes and says "wow" they did a good job......

I am lucky to have a nice neat scar though. Italian surgeon! Obviously very steady-handed and good at sewing. :lol:
Lisa P

Angios, TOE's, MRI's & CT's
AV replacement surgery & aortic root enlargement 28th March 08
AV replacement (mechnical), aortic root enlargement and conoventricular septoplasty 26 Feb 2015
Endocarditis Winter 2014
Bristol GUCH patient
lisap

scars

Postby rachel20 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:33 pm

Likewise my hubby said he was just so grateful I'd made it through the op. He's never commented on my scar . I think most men are prob busy looking at something else!!!!!(if you get my drift)Honestly if a guy likes you ,they will still like you scar or not. Love alters not when alteration finds. A guy is worth sticking with if they take you warts and all!! Rachel
rachel20

Postby stripey_kelly » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:21 pm

Hey Becki-boo

My current partner, and my ex, were never bothered at all about my scars. I have a massive central one, from just below my throat to a few cm above my belly button, several overlapping ones above my left breast - where my pacemaker is, and a third one acorss the left half of my belly, where I had an earlier pacemaker that never worked. They are all rather warped and ragged.

I have never ever been bothered by them, my attitude has always been, if they weren't there neither would I be. And, in the pub, when the usual drunken 'whose got the best scars' competition gets going, you always win hands down!.

If some one loves you for who you are, they will never mind about the scars, they'll just be glad you're there. If you meet someone who is bothered, they're not worth it and not the one for you.

Take care
Kelly x :)
TGA fitted with dual-chamber pacemaker
stripey_kelly

Postby sophstar007 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:20 pm

Hey

To be honest...the only person bothered about my scars is me! My boyfriend actually loves them cos he thinks they make me unique. Which is true I guess!

I have a long scar going down between my cleavage, then just random scars under my cleavage and around my ribs.

I keep thinking my bra strap is rubbing me but when I look close enough it's just a faded scar from surgery! lol :P

Sophie
xoxo
Mitral Valve Atresia
* Absent Left AV Connection, Straddling/Over-Riding Tricuspid Valve, Large Ventricular Septal Defect, VA Concordance
* VSD Total Cavo-Pulmonary Connection with LPA Reconstruction / Fontan / Small Right to Left Shunt (1993)
sophstar007

Postby KittyKat » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:31 pm

Hey Becki-boo

I have a scar under my left breast and also a scar down the middle of my chest also a few scars on each of my sides from where chest drains were. My boyfriend of 7 months loves me for whom I am and also loves my scars as they each tell a story about my life. :)

Kat
Born on 21/08/87 with Atrioventricular Septal Defect & 2 leaky vals.
Had full fanton in Feb 1991.
Pacemaker fitted 30/03/09
KittyKat

Postby matt_hooks » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:16 pm

As a bloke, and a non-teenager, I guess I'm butting in here, but what this lot have to say makes a lot of sense.

If someone is right for you then they will accept you, with all your flaws, as you will accept them with all theirs.

If the scars are a bother then they're definitely not the right person for you. Best to find this out early on!

Scars are cool. They tell a story, and add character.

The only person that's likely to worry about your scars is you. Just see them as a reminder of how lucky you are to still be alive, and a reminder to enjoy every minute of life! If someone doesn't want to be part of that then find someone who does!
matt_hooks

Postby leli01 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:26 am

Hi, i completly undrstnd where your coming from, i was like you as well worrying about what my partner would think, i had already told him that i have scars all over my body, i have one under my left breast going round my back and one down the centre of my cleavage, trust me if he loves and cares about you for the person you are the scars are just a part of your body and a part of who you are. Hope all these replies puts your mind at ease xxx
leli01

Postby becki_boo » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:14 pm

Thanks guys!

and goodness, do i need to get online more xD
becki_boo

Postby matt_hooks » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:48 am

You realise your reply was exactly a year after the original post? ;)

This is a good thing, shows you're not sitting around messing about on the net all the time! haha
matt_hooks

Postby aaron1 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:50 am

Hi I was reading everyones comment and its natural to feel insecure but as a guy myself it wouldnt bother me if people love each other nothing will come between you I dont think you girls have anything to worry about take care all
aaron1

Next

Return to Teenage GUCHs Forum