Anyone just wana talk? (Msn)

A forum exclusively for 13-19 year olds to connect and share experiences. Always let people know where you are going and don't give out personal information online.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

hey

Postby emmal7 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:38 pm

hey,
Im Emma, im nearlly 20 and have a heart condition, feel free to add me
x-x-lil_emma_lou-x-x@hotmail.co.uk

x
emmal7

Postby BradKane » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:40 pm

I haven't got an msn anymore, I just turned 20 though so I think I'm in the age range! Add me on Facebook if you want, just search for Brad Wills! :)
Diagnosed with Ebstein's anomaly at birth (1990)
Tricuspid valve repair - 1996 (Success)
Pacemaker fitted - 2000 (Another box in 2010)
Cardioversion - 2004/2011 (Success)
BradKane

Anyone who needs to chat

Postby Simon5 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:11 pm

I just signed up to this site, i have no idea what its all about or what everyone is supposed to do on it etc etc.

But i'm just recovering from my third open heart surgery, I'm 17 and i have too much wrong with my heart i seriously cannot remember the technical names of the problems, but i think its VSD transposition of the great arteries, hyperplastic arch, left arm subclavian, seriously i just dont know how i'm even alive with a functioning brain and body but yeah, i just was hoping to find someone on here roughly my age with similar experiences who i could possibly talk to and just finally be in the position to discuss it with someone who understands. In my spare time i write music on guitar and usually do something related to music either it be covering a song or just listening to it. But yeah this is kinda a rough background on the last 17 years of my life, if anyone would like to speak to me send me a inbox on facebook, the names Simon Reggione. Hope your all living happy and as close to healthy lives as possible, peace.
Simon5

Postby elliottw » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:02 pm

hey all - lovely to have some new members :)

The best thing I've got from joining this site is meeting other young people in person who have heart defects. There's this unspoken bond you immediately share and you realise that there are other people who understand what you're going through. So I highly recommend you attend GUCH events. BrightHearts from the Children's Heart Federation run events tailored to young people needs and interests and are great fun too so check them out.

If you haven't heard about the youth conference coming up here's a link http://www.guch.org.uk/ytcon.pdf

It's in Cardiff this year. I went to the first youth conference in Manchester last year and it was great fun and highly recommend it. Feel free to message me if you want to chat about anything.

I'm 22, just finished uni, starting a new job next week, just moved into a new flat with a new flatmate - so I have a lot of things happening that you may relate to!

Cheers,

Elliott
elliottw

Previous

Return to Teenage GUCHs Forum