Little Hearts need a big heart

A forum exclusively for 13-19 year olds to connect and share experiences. Always let people know where you are going and don't give out personal information online.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Little Hearts need a big heart

Postby Jon Brunskill » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:35 pm

Hi everyone!

My name is Jon and i've recently been appointed as the Youth Development Officer for Little Hearts Matter, which is a charity for children with a CHD.
Basically some of our kids are starting to get into their late teens, and its my job to help them with the transition from childhood to adulthood, and from LHM to GUCH.
We've got an open day coming up on Sunday 2nd November, and i'm organising the young members agenda. I have a female with a CHD in her early 20s coming to speak to our adolescents about leaving home, higher education, making new friends, relationships, alcohol etc.
I was hoping to get a male in a similar age bracket. I've already met with Anne Crump and Paula Banda who both work for GUCH, and hope to make some really strong bonds with GUCH.
SO, if you are a male with a CHD aged between 19 and 26 (ish) and could come and talk (very casual and informal) with our young members i would be so grateful. We can cover expenses.

Please message me for more details, or call on 0121 455 8983.

Jon Brunskill
Youth Development Officer for little hearts matter. A charity for children with a CHD.
Jon Brunskill

CHD transition

Postby superwoman » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:32 pm

Good Luck Jon

Cant help u but sure someone on this site will be filling to help u out.

Hope the event goes well

Best wishes

Gill
superwoman

Postby Jon Brunskill » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:04 pm

Thanks Gill,

ps, if anyone knows anyone that might fit who i'm looking for, but maybe know they aren'y online or don't com on very often, could you let them know?

Thanks again everyone.

Jon
Youth Development Officer for little hearts matter. A charity for children with a CHD.
Jon Brunskill

Postby vicki » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Hi Jon

This sounds really intresting. Do you have an email address I can contact you on? (not that I'm what you're looking for :roll: ) but I could pass on your details to someone.

Good luck

Vicki
vicki

Postby Scarlet » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:36 am

Hi Jon,

I've sent you a PM.

Where is the open day, I'm trying to see if I can fid someone for you.

Charlie
ccTGA, VSD, Pulmonary Stenosis, Dextrocardia

Life is for living so get your boots on and walk the countryside.
Scarlet

Postby Jon Brunskill » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:00 am

Cheers Charlie,

The open day is at a hotel in Burton Upon Trent, which is in Staffordshire, just south of Derby.

Jon
Jon Brunskill

Postby magnus » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:57 pm

Drat am 36 so not eligible to help ;-(

Would have to check with the wife aka the boss, (also a GUCH), re the dates, esp as it's out of town...........

M.
VSD etc corrected in 1977
Scottish, but now in South Wales
Married to Anna, with school boy James and toddler Amy......
........not forgetting the mad puppy terrorist called Milo.
magnus

Postby Jon Brunskill » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:53 pm

FYI, my email address is jon@lhm.org.uk
Jon Brunskill

Postby Paul Polo Willgoss » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:03 pm

Jon,

I've talked to a fair few teenage GUCH groups, including helping lead the CHF outward bound course and session where I've done the whole teenager thing and then faced the parents:shock:

Suzie knows me well, and has seen me in action at CHF and BCS conferences, but never with the teens themselves.

But, unfortunately the date clashes with a trip to the peak district with the GUCH Walking Club, but if there's any background information or tips and tricks that I can pass on please get in touch.

Paul
paul.willgoss@btinternet.com

ps in my experience age is the least important factor, its being open and honest which is far, far more important
The year of the mid-life crisis

http://www.justgiving.com/fallotsrunner
Paul Polo Willgoss

Postby Jon Brunskill » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:14 am

cheers paul
Jon Brunskill

Return to Teenage GUCHs Forum