Well this is awkward but...

A forum exclusively for 13-19 year olds to connect and share experiences. Always let people know where you are going and don't give out personal information online.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Postby christine.rogers1986 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:13 pm

I only have minor scars in that I have no big scar down the middle, but I still had few worries when I was younger (I'm 22 now).
My first proper boyfriend knew about my heart problem, but I never discussed my scars directly.
When he first saw them properly, he asked what operation i'd had for them and I just explained simply that they were from heart surgery. He then just carried on! Our scars I think often bother us more than they bother others. In fact when I was 7 and first came back to school after my operation, everyone asked where i'd been and I was all too proud of my time in hospital and my war wounds! They make you special!

Christine
christine.rogers1986

Postby Leah » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:27 am

hello everyone.

i agree with what other people have said, i'm way more aware and self conscious of my scars than my boyfriend is.
i'm always thinking people are looking at my scars when i go out or when i go swimming, i sometimes think they make me less attractive and less sexy but i'm starting to learn (after 19 years!) that if your partner doesn't accept you for you then they are not worth having.

xxx
TGA 1988
Senning 1989
Leah

Postby SG » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:52 pm

Because I've had my scars for so long, I've never been that conscious of them. I have one straight down the middle, and four little ones just above my tummy. I am aware that they can make other people uncomfortable, but my current partner actually says he likes them. He's said before that it's just something that makes me ME. Which is really nice.

You should never be embarrassed by something like that. Remember, if you didn't have those scars you wouldn't be here!
It's the beat.
SG

Previous

Return to Teenage GUCHs Forum