Hey im new here and ive got a question...

A forum exclusively for 13-19 year olds to connect and share experiences. Always let people know where you are going and don't give out personal information online.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Hey im new here and ive got a question...

Postby Guitarist_Adam » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:00 am

Hi everyone =],
ive been wanting to know this for a long time now im on warfarin and have been since having a TCPC 6 years ago.im now 19 and living life like a normal 19yr old student lol.ive had 2 piercings (eyebrow and ear) but theres one thing i want and thats a tattoo and i wanna know if its a definite no no or is there anychance i could ever get one.and is there anyone on here that has got 1?if there is add me on msn if you have it
rosesforthedead666@hotmail.co.uk

thanks
Adam =]
Guitarist_Adam

Postby bubbles266 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:51 pm

Hey im the same age and been told no. There is a risk of some serious infection. Im not even aloud pericings cuz of it.
bubbles266

Postby vicki » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:48 pm

Hi Adam,

I’m not gong you give you any advice, you have to make the decision for yourself armed with the correct information. There are many on here who have tattoos and piercings and many who would never ever do either.
The GUCH Lifestyle Issues leaflet has information on the importance of antibiotic cover while having a tattoo or piercing http://www.guch.org.uk/info/Lifestyle.pdf
Personally I had my belly button pierced a few years ago with antibiotic cover, but I couldn’t get it to heal so removed it.
There is this http://www.warfarinfo.com/tattoos.htm from the Warfarin Institute of America.
This is one you should check out with your cardio next time you see them.
Also spotted you live in Carluke. I’m only 14mls away. Do you go to the Western?

Vicki
vicki

Postby Livi » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:59 pm

I had my belly button pierced without antibiotic cover, as I didnt know I needed it and when I got home my mum rushed me to see a doctor. She, in the end decided I didn't need it. When my consultant saw the piercing a year later however he was not impressed. I should have been given antibiotics, and he said he would have stopped me from having it done had I asked before. I was fine in the end, but it's certainly not a risk I will be taking again, though I would really love a tattoo! I am hoping in the future they will devise a safer way of doing tattoos, or a stronger antibiotic, I don't know what! Although I uderstand you want a tattoo, if you did end up ill you know you would regret it, and its a stupid reason to die, in my opinion.
But it is your decision and good luck with it!
Olivia xxx
Livi

Postby blonde_saint » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:31 am

I asked about one last year and said no because the risk was to high
Deb x
blonde_saint

Return to Teenage GUCHs Forum