Cerazette

A forum exclusively for 13-19 year olds to connect and share experiences. Always let people know where you are going and don't give out personal information online.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Cerazette

Postby Jennie » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:03 pm

Hi,

I am just about to start this contraceptive after being on the combined pill for 11 years, is anyone else on it?

Any good/bad things anyone can tell me about it would be great, I have read all the leaflets but would like to hear from others that are on it.

Thanks,
Jennie
Jennie

Postby Emily23 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:34 am

hey i just saw your post, do you still need advice?

I started cerezette about 3 months ago and to be honest I thought it was awful. Its the same with all the POP's though but I guess it affects everyone differently. They say it takes time to get used to and i didn't really give it much of a chance so this is only the side affects I had after the first month, they might get better... :roll:

It messed up my perioid, and made them very irregular. Infact, it was kinda hard to establish when I was on, as this pill gives you intermenstrual bleeding. I got the worlds worst spots ever.. only 2 but they were quite big! Also i got really bad mood swings. I know this is all negative and you might not get these symptons.. but they are quite common, and very horrible!

I hope you have better luck on it than i did!

Emily
Emily23

cerezette

Postby mrs noddy » Sat May 05, 2007 9:44 am

im new to this site n id just like to say i was on cerezette n it was terrible i hated it,.
i only took it for 2 months coz i had bad mood swings n i bleed constantly then my heart doctor wanted me to av da inplant but da famliy planin clinic said it wudnt b right for me so i was put on da depo injectoin n dat was as bad as da cerezette pill mayb it was sumthin to do wiv my warfrin i dont no.
mrs noddy

Cerazette!

Postby pinklittlekimmie » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:32 pm

Hi just noticed your post and thought id reply!

I know people react differently but as far as im concerned its the best thing ever! I cant have any other pill cos i have a stent and am on asprin. I have been on cerezette for almost a year, a first i suffered from random bleedin but now my periods have stopped all together (which is ace as they were ridiculously heavy) and also i hardly put on weight. I wud advice anyone tryin cerezette first because the combined pill can make u put on weight which is a v bad thing if you have a heart condition!

Kim x
Live life to the full!
TGA, VSD (too close 2 tricuspid 2 b sorted), Double Outlet Right Ventricle, Pulmonary Stenosis and Complete heart block!
Glenn shunt in 1993
Coils via cardiac catheterisation in 1998
TCPC and dual chamber pacemaker in Jan 2008
pinklittlekimmie

Postby blonde_saint » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:17 am

I've been on cerazette now for almost 2 years and i've had no problems with the side affects and I cant complain about it at all this is the only pill I can take so I'm lucky I dont suffer the side affects
hope your all keeping well
Deb xx
Now a very happily married Mrs Rigby!
blonde_saint

Postby Livi » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:16 am

I am on cerazette, as i cant have combined pill because i get terrible migranes and loose my vision before them.
Cerazette does take a very long time to get used to, it messes up your cycle completely for a while. I've been on it over a year now I think, and, after three months of long periods and bad side effects, I have settled right into it, and I havent had a period for over two months. They are quite irregular, but they arent particularly heavy, and I can usually judge if I am going to come on because I get cramps the day before, so its no problem for me at all.
However, its not really worth going on it if you can stay on the combined pill. Although, it does also make your boobs grow. Mine and my sisters (also on cerazette) both went up a cup size, so no complaints there!! Good luck x x x
Livi

Postby Groovydudette » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:09 pm

i'm really sorry this has nothing to do with the topic but jennie i really like your picture with the dog. sorry i just needed to say that :D
Cardiomyopathy and Bradycardia
pneumonia
pacemakers: 1994, 2000, 2006
and look i'm still smiling =>
Groovydudette

Postby sophstar007 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:37 am

i'm just about to start cerazette too and i'm worried about the side effects!! :)
Mitral Valve Atresia
* Absent Left AV Connection, Straddling/Over-Riding Tricuspid Valve, Large Ventricular Septal Defect, VA Concordance
* VSD Total Cavo-Pulmonary Connection with LPA Reconstruction / Fontan / Small Right to Left Shunt (1993)
sophstar007

Postby nicola-jane » Fri May 23, 2008 7:25 pm

Hi im new on here, ive been on the cerezette just over a year now, i was constantly bleeding for about 11 months but soon after that ive been fine, ive not had a period since october last year but i dont know exactly if it is that because im just recovering from anorexia, ive been fine since ive been on the pill and im willing to keep on it.
Complex cyanotic congenital heart disease with congenitally corrected transposition of pulmonary stenosis.
Small morphological left ventricle.
previous classical glenn with SVC to RPA anastomosis (1996) followed by mitral valve replacement(1999)
nicola-jane

Postby blonde_saint » Fri May 23, 2008 7:31 pm

Cerazette is known for stopping people's periods. I was made up when it stopped mine.
Welcome to the board as well
Deb x
Now a very happily married Mrs Rigby!
blonde_saint

Postby pinklittlekimmie » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:39 pm

Damn im well offended it didnt make my boobs grow :(! lol sorry cudnt resist!

Kim x
Live life to the full!
TGA, VSD (too close 2 tricuspid 2 b sorted), Double Outlet Right Ventricle, Pulmonary Stenosis and Complete heart block!
Glenn shunt in 1993
Coils via cardiac catheterisation in 1998
TCPC and dual chamber pacemaker in Jan 2008
pinklittlekimmie

Return to Teenage GUCHs Forum