Bullying

A forum exclusively for 13-19 year olds to connect and share experiences. Always let people know where you are going and don't give out personal information online.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Bullying

Postby J » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:57 pm

HI.
I am originaly from Stockport, Cheshire where i had made a lot of friends. But when i moved down to Kent before the start of year 6. i was bullied because of 3 reasons. 1. I had a different accent and said things differently. 2. I have a really deep vocie and they used to take the mick and 3. People talked about me behind my back because i wasn't as good at things as them. I started to wish i was dead. When i went in to secondary school i was ok until last year when people started to the same things as previously.

I told my friends and now they stick up for me.
I think that just because you cant do things as well as everybody else doesnt make you different.

From

Josh XXX
Josh McCormack born: 13/7/90
Diagnosed with Truncus Arteriosus and Tricuspid Artesia 24/7/90

England Cerebral Palsy Goalkeeper
J

Postby Lisa » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:28 am

Heya, how u goin?
I was bullied at school as well from about year 6 to end of year 9, it only stopped because i stopped being bothered by it so it was a bit of a pointless exercise for the bullies! I expect it would be the same for you, underneath a bullies insults are very fragile (pathetic yes) needy people so if you stop paying them attention i expect they would leave you alone.
Anyway i hope iv helped in some way, oh and for the reccord youre not different you just more interesting.

Love Lisa, (18 )
Lisa

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:48 pm

Thaks for your advice i will not take any notice of it

Thanks again

Josh

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:06 pm

Hi

Look, you are who you are. what does it matter what stupid, small minded people think/say about you. At the end of the day, being different makes you special, not something to be ridiculed, keep ignoring what is said to you, they are just pathetic loosers who need to get a life.

A

Postby joanne » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:22 pm

Hello i know were you are coming from, i was bulled all through my school years, changing from one to another i would get picked on from others because i was a easy target i would change school and it would be ok for a while but the same thing would happen again, i would dread going to school no one would do anything about it i told the teacher but i still did not help i would through my self down the stairs hoping to break my arm or leg just not to go to school i would lookfoward to going in to hostpital because i knew it ment no school for a few weeks, in the end after changing schools 4 times i refused to go i was then given a place in a special need school with others with helf problems i was such a difference my confidence came back and i loved it there i wich i went ther from a younger age, but because i went to that school i missed out on geting any CSEs of and exams done, im now 32 and i am anrgy with the schools who didnt do anything for me and i hope that things have changed in the schools, so if anyone is being bulled because of there heart condition please tell any one that will listen and dont give up, dont let them win.
Last edited by joanne on Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
joanne

Postby Leanne » Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:16 pm

I used to get bullied all da time, at one point a girl who i am now friends with told everyone i had a plastic heart, and everyone called me plastic heart girl for about 2 years. but now people have got used to it an accepted it, i still get the ocassional dig about getting out of PE but most people stick up 4.
Leanne

Postby Youth » Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:22 am

Dear members,

I have had the opportunity to read all your stories. It is very sad to see what many of you have had to suffer in the hands of bullies.

Many of you may call it bullying, but i call it a crime. Which can result in an arrestable offence. Being bullied is not a part of growing up, so don't put up with it. If you suffer bullying, then report it to the police and try and speak to someone family, friends, youth worker etc.

I speak from personal experiance.

Thank you
*SORRY NOT AUTHORISED*
Youth

Bullying

Postby HelenB » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:40 am

Hi,
I'm not a teenager, and don't usually hi -jack your' forum, but I just wanted to say something about this issue.
I'm a youth worker, and spend a lot of time supporting people who have been or are being bullied.
If you are at school, the school have a legal responsibility to try and keep you safe.
They should have an anti bullying policy, which you can ask to see.
It should state how incidents will be dealt with.
You should speak to a teacher, who you can trust, as well as telling your' parents what is happening.
The school should make efforts to deal with it, through speaking to the bullies, and keeping them away from you.
I know this doesn't always happen, and some schools are c*** at dealing with this.
If they are you can approach your local education authority for their support.
Hope this is helpful.
HelenB
x :)
HelenB

Bullies

Postby David Whitehead » Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:26 am

Hi,

I was also subject to much bullying when I was at school, due to a number of things like you. 1) I did not have to do Rugby, but I was allowed to play football. 2) I was smaller than the other boys. 3) Because of my heart condition, I was called a polo mint, because they have holes in them.
I was lucky though, as it was not violent bullying, just a large amount verbal abuse and insults.
At one point, it got so serious that I was very depressed and refused to go to school. However since leaving school, I have seen the bullies and they now say very little. Infact many of them are quite nice to me.

Kind Regards
Dave :twisted:
David Whitehead

Postby louloulolly » Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:29 pm

Hi, I know I'm not a teenager but I want to share what happened to me when I was bullied at school. It all started when I was 14 (in year 10) I was very quiet then and wouldn't say boo to a goose, I was also thought of as having Special Educational Needs which didn't help. Anyway all of the girls in my class took an immediate dislike to me and started bullying me, one or two people started first the the rest of the class joined in. 16 people against 1 isn't fair. It wasn't so bad at first I could cope with it, but then they started to get violent.
I used to go to college once a week and I was doing my work and it was breaktime and one girl came up to me and slapped me in the face because I wasn't listening to her. I was too frightened to tell an adult because I was frightened that they would gang up on me. Then in year 11 it all blew up again we were going on a trip and we didn't have to go in our uniforms so we all decided to get changed. I was just getting out of my chair when the girl sat next to me stood up and hit me in the face with her bag, it had a folder in it.
Before that I had to go into hospital and they all found out and was calling me no heart girl. I felt like killing myself
Anyway sorry about the long post I just needed to get it off my chest.
louloulolly

Postby julianmartin » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:19 pm

wow, some mad stuff has happened to you guys...it's never *really* happened to me, once or twice, but only when there was nothing else for them to say...and i would just say back to the person concerned "well, if you feel like a decent person by insulting something like that, then, i feel sorry for you, as that is a level i never wish to sink to". normally worked as it made the person think about what they were doing. i find ignoring it works best, hardened me emotionally too, so i guess its all gone for the best.
julianmartin

Postby Juicy_Lucy » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:25 pm

Bullying is a hars punishment to people that are different www.bullying.co.uk will help (i've used it)
Aortic Stenosis
Had Aortic Autograft and Pulmonary Homograft July 04

XxXxXxX You Are Only Free In Your Dreams XxXxXxX
Juicy_Lucy

Postby caz_1 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:52 pm

I was bullied at school aswell from years 7-9. Thinking back now I wish I had told someone sooner, as I thought that if I did tell someone it would just get worse or no-one would care. I thought he was really pathetic and to be honest yeah he did get shouted at because of it but they didn't throw him out the school, I later realised this was because he was getting high grades and the school just wanted to keep up the good performance they were acheiving grrrr. I am now a stronger person and I don't take any hasstle from anyone, that doesn't mean I'm harsh to people!! i just mean in terms of my scar (which was the cause of the bullying).

It has made me realise now that everyone is different,no1 is perfect and everyone has flaws even tho the bullies think they dont!!

caz xx[/b]
caz_1

Friends, Freedom and Cameron Duncan

Postby blue_dreamer » Mon May 16, 2005 12:35 pm

My type of CHD is Pulmonary Artesia with Ventricular Septal Defect. For those who don’t know, I have a hole in the Septum joining the two sides, and no Pulmonary artery. Instead there are little veins going to the lungs on the opposite side (God knows what they’re called…). This means I am low on oxygen and therefore have little energy. So, I do not participate in PE at school and I have a Special Needs Assistant to help me not get crushed in the crowd and to help carry my bag. I also get to stay inside at break and lunchtime and have extra time in exams.

Because of this, I am hardly ever with my ‘friends’. Whenever I am, I find it difficult to be in a group or join in conversation (though there’s a slight chance this could be related to having 22q11 – a deletion of part of a chromosome and still have no idea why). I am also interested in different things (it seems), I like surfing the net for anything Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings, or any other interest for that matter. When I try and talk, they seem to ignore me, or when I make a suggestion say ‘mmm’ or instantly ‘nah’ or just simply not respond.

Anyway, when I was mooching around on the Lord of the Rings, Return of the King Extended DVD, I clicked on a documentary entitled ‘Cameron Duncan: the inspiration for ‘Into the West’’. I watched his film DFK6498 and immediately fell in love with it. He was a filmmaker and New Zealand softball pitcher who had contracted cancer. Eventually it went and he made his lil’ film, but then it came back again so he made Strike Zone. The song ‘Into the West’ is on the Return of the King film and was dedicated to him after he died before the film’s release.

Upon watching DFK6498, I found many similarities - though I’m *scared* to use that word inc case we’re not – between myself and Cameron, but thankfully not in the unfortunate life threatening situation he was in. I found that we were both different from most around us (but he had friends) and we both wanted to make people understand that ‘freedom is taken so much for granted when you don’t appreciate the small things that you have’. I also think it was remarkable how Cameron managed to tell people so well like that. It was almost a relief for me, because that was exactly what I had trouble telling people and Cameron helped me to put it into words. He’s an amazing person – well done Cam!

I just wondered, if there’s anyone else out there who has heard of Cam and DFK6498, and whether they feel the same. He also has a website :D cameronduncan.com

Thanks xXx
blue_dreamer

Postby villa_fan » Mon May 16, 2005 2:30 pm

althought ive never suffered bullying myself i know people that have. i would say that the people that bully people r actually jealous of the people/person they bully in a way. i watched a programme once it was a girl that was bullied and that was cos her mom and dad was sucessful people with alot of money. that is my point i think perhaps u have something they havent and they would love 2 have it. i hope this makes sense. it dont help the problem but its just a theory i have about bullying
villa_fan

Next

Return to Teenage GUCHs Forum