weed

A forum exclusively for 13-19 year olds to connect and share experiences. Always let people know where you are going and don't give out personal information online.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

weed

Postby bobby » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:45 pm

what do you think smoking weed would do near the time of having general anaesthetic?
bobby

Postby Lisa » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:46 pm

make the experience more enjoayable.

Lisa, xx
Lisa

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:03 am

Give you a 'whitey@ ...meaning ... you would probably feel or be sick! ..don't want to put you off though!!

Andrena :wink:

Weed

Postby Youth 1 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:34 am

It is illegal to possess or smoke weed. The classification of weed may have gone down a class to (C) but it can still be an arrestable offence.
Youth 1

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm

it might be an offence but they gotta catch ya first!!!!

nothing wrong with it but dont become a regular user it can make things difficult. belive me!

Re: Weed

Postby julianmartin » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:13 pm

Youth 1 wrote:It is illegal to possess or smoke weed. The classification of weed may have gone down a class to (C) but it can still be an arrestable offence.

Well actually, unless you are using it in an unsuitable environment, such as the vicinity of a school, it is not.

And it certainly is not illegal to use cannabis in your own home i'm afraid!
julianmartin

Weed

Postby HelenB » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:45 am

You are correct in saying that the police do not come down as hard on people for smoking weed as they used too.
However this tolerance extends only to adults.
If you are under 18 and caught with weed, you will probably be done for possession, intent to supply etc.
If you are going to smoke it, it's best to do it in the privacy of your own home, and certainly not on the street where other people can see you.
HelenB
x :)
HelenB

Postby Juicy_Lucy » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:22 pm

I dont know how u can even think about taking it! it is not a good experience! time u grew up! if ur doctor says take it then, who am i 2 stop u! but if u r on different medication god knows wot it willl do 2 u! be sensible!
Aortic Stenosis
Had Aortic Autograft and Pulmonary Homograft July 04

XxXxXxX You Are Only Free In Your Dreams XxXxXxX
Juicy_Lucy

Postby .Susan » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:08 pm

don't mix drugs of any kind! it can really mess you up!! and if you do it anyways, and it doesn't do much to you..it'll prolly hurt you a lot more in the long run..
.Susan

Weed

Postby pinklittlekimmie » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:40 pm

Sorry but im out spoken and i have to say what the hell are you doing? Does your body not have enough to cope with the a heart condition without that stuff as well! Why abuse your body like that after all it goes through? If anyone wants to post a reply with a good reason then i'd love to hear it!!! Does noone else out there think this is an irresponsible thing to do with a heart condition?

Kim x

p.s. sorry for having a rant but it really gets on my nerves when i read things like this!
Live life to the full!
TGA, VSD (too close 2 tricuspid 2 b sorted), Double Outlet Right Ventricle, Pulmonary Stenosis and Complete heart block!
Glenn shunt in 1993
Coils via cardiac catheterisation in 1998
TCPC and dual chamber pacemaker in Jan 2008
pinklittlekimmie

Postby del smith » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:43 am

If you want to do it who are we to stop you, but so long as you know all the dangers and problems it might cause, then go right ahead.......

Over the years you name it ive probably done it, an its done me no harm, but i made sure there were people around me that knew what i was doing and what to do if anything went wrong (ie: get an ambulance).
I still smoke green evey now and again, its helps me relax after a long weekend driving up an down the country and being high on the music that i work with.
Listen to yourself, take advice yes but do it because you want to do it, not because people want you to do it or because everyone else is.

To smoke it before having an anesthetic would not be the best idea, as it could cause complications when your under, ie: lower heart rate/pressure.
Then again im sure you wont be able to do it as most hospitals are now non smoking.........

Take it easy an careful dude :wink:
Check my site for future bookings please.

TGA 78 (Senning)
Nothing else an still going strong!!
del smith

Postby darkphoenix » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:58 pm

I am very sorry about the post i left - it was not my intention to cause offense.

I need to learn to be less judgemental.

I do, believe it or not understand that it is a matter of personal choice.

As Paul points out, drugs are an emotive subject, some have had positive experiences and others like me, have had negative ones.

I should not have strayed into being insulting, and my only excuse is that I was thinking of the cannabis users i was at uni with, and i let that make me judegmental of you, who i do not know.

You are probably really nice guys who don't terrorise people you live with.

Be true to yourselves and make your own decisions, but please, do look after yourselves.
Last edited by darkphoenix on Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Right modified BT shunt 1983
Left unidirectional Glenn 1986
Innominate vein to main pulmonary artery 1988
TCPC 1997
amplatzer septal occluder into hepatic venous channel to left atrium 2001
Collateral embolisation 2003
darkphoenix

Postby wendy knowles » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:12 pm

Hi Darkphoenix, I agree with you to a certain extent but I also accept that people make their own choices about such matters too. Not that I agree with drug use, etc personally and would not advise people to do it!!!!
Personally, I feel that if we GUCH's have all fought so hard to get where we are today and still be alive, why would you want to contaminate your body with such rubbish???!!! It really baffles me!!! I can't understand it.. I've never touched a cigarette or drugs in my life and only drink alcohol VERY occassionally and even then it's minimal... I prefer a cup of tea!!! :roll: :lol:
Tricuspid Atresia
Waterston Shunt-1975
Modified Fontan-1982
Angioplasty of RA-RPA connection-1995
Ablation Procedure-2008-Unsuccessful!
Conversion of my original fontan too high risk. 31 years post original fontan!! Retired from work on ill health grounds
wendy knowles

Postby del smith » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:04 am

darkphoenix wrote:To be honest if the only way you can think of to relax is to poison your body with cannabis then you really have no imagination.

See your friends, take a bath, go see a film. Get a life.

PM for ya :wink:
Check my site for future bookings please.

TGA 78 (Senning)
Nothing else an still going strong!!
del smith

Postby Paul Polo Willgoss » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:43 am

All,

Mother Hen Mode Activated

I probably should have spotted this before... Some of you are slipping into almost personal insults, play nice or the moderators might remove your posts.

This is an emotive subject, but people are entitled to thier own opinion. Also please remember this is the "Teenage GUCH forum" so some will be looking to us older GUCHs for clues on how to live with thier conditions...

Mother Hen mode deactivated

Paul
Paul Polo Willgoss

Next

Return to Teenage GUCHs Forum