weed

A forum exclusively for 13-19 year olds to connect and share experiences. Always let people know where you are going and don't give out personal information online.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Postby rowbo88 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:03 pm

Why the hell smoke in the first place if you have a heart condition that is already bad. Any kind of smoking whether it be inhaled or passively has major effects on the heart down the track. Why put yourself at risk just because society thinks it is cool.

Sorry for being judgemental but why put yourself in that risk category.
TGA, 20mg lisinopril, 9.25mg carvidilol, lasix, 3rd pacemaker, stent, mild CHF, Mustards procedure 1987.
rowbo88

Re: Weed

Postby Tiny Tim » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:02 pm

julianmartin wrote:
Youth 1 wrote:It is illegal to possess or smoke weed. The classification of weed may have gone down a class to (C) but it can still be an arrestable offence.

Well actually, unless you are using it in an unsuitable environment, such as the vicinity of a school, it is not.

And it certainly is not illegal to use cannabis in your own home i'm afraid!

FAIL.
Tiny Tim

Postby braveheart » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:52 pm

I agree with with my good mate Rowbo (Rowan) in Australia - smoking weed can seriously affect your heart health. It's also important to note that smoking this drug can seriously damage your mental health.

I personally know several people, who've smoked weed for a while and who's mental health has been affected by this terrible drug. Seeing how badly it can affect a person's life is upsetting. Although a lot of people smoke it...that doesn't make it right or safe to smoke! Don't be fooled when folk say it's safe and that everyone's doing it.

You don't have to smoke weed or take un-prescribed drugs to enjoy life!! But at the end of the day it's your choice.

Jon
Last edited by braveheart on Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
braveheart

Postby Annette » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:30 am

Ditto Jon
I know messed up none heart patient people too, One lived with us for two years!! But we do all have to make our own choices.
A
Annette

Waste of time

Postby neil foster » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:58 pm

What an interesting topic.

I smoked weed almost solidly for 3 years, and then for another 3 throughout my Degree. I don't necessarily think it did me any harm physically (i was at the time living with an unoperated stenotic valve) though I did sometimes get palpitations which scared me a bit, and almost killed myself falling asleep in bed with a lit spliff.

I did have a few laughs with mates, and at the time enjoyed myself sitting around the house, etc etc.

Having now not smoked the drug for 2 years, I can honestly say that being stoned has been THE BIGGEST WASTE OF MY TIME ever, and would seriously advise against anyone smoking it regularly. It robs you of your potential, your free time and your personality and, critically, for some people robs them of their sanity.

It might not kill you straight away, but trust me, the long term disadvantages far outweigh the short term high
Aortic Stenosis
About to go for Aortic valve replacement and seeking guidance!
neil foster

Postby pinklittlekimmie » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:56 am

I realise my previous post may hav been judgemental! Lol probably shud take things slightly easier. All I ask is you think of the strain ur heart is already under b4 puttin it anymore.Also if u r havin an anesthetic (god my spellin is awful) and have smoked weed recently tell ur consultant or anesthetist (y such difficult 2 spell words) first so that u dont increase ur risks of any surgery ur havin! If your not adult enuf to tell them then believe me u arent adult enuf to be smokin it!

Kim x
Live life to the full!
TGA, VSD (too close 2 tricuspid 2 b sorted), Double Outlet Right Ventricle, Pulmonary Stenosis and Complete heart block!
Glenn shunt in 1993
Coils via cardiac catheterisation in 1998
TCPC and dual chamber pacemaker in Jan 2008
pinklittlekimmie

Postby jules007 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:15 pm

In my late 20's I smoked weed for a short while.
I can not say it concerned me that it would affect my heart, it was more my brain that mattered to me.
The feeling of not being in control whist smoking the stuff put me off more than anything.

I have two people in my family who have mental problems and both of them have been long term users of cannabis.
jules007

Re: weed

Postby Mustard » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:27 pm

Great thread - so someone smokes a bit of weed every now and again and then stops, but eats meat and dairy daily maybe more than once daily.... which is radically more harmful to your long term health....particularly your long term cardiovascular health.

Case closed.
Mustard

Previous

Return to Teenage GUCHs Forum