Congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteries

A forum exclusively for 13-19 year olds to connect and share experiences. Always let people know where you are going and don't give out personal information online.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteries

Postby Em_Green » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:30 pm

I was diagnosed with CCTGA age 10, (im now 22) I was just wondering if anyone else has this. I know its pretty rare... I have not had any surgery but my cardiologist has said theres a 60/40 chance of me having to have a valve replacement in the next year. Ive had a 3d echo recently and the guy said "hmm theres definately something here that shouldnt be, but we cant give you any more information until you see you cardiologist in march"grrr!! I dont wanna go on too much about this but I also have mitral AND tricuspid regurgitation, and arrythmia. hope to here from you cctgaers soon hehe
Em_Green

Postby .Susan » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:18 pm

I was diagnosed with transposition of the great arteries when i was a baby. I also had a hole in my heart.. i have had three surgeries. two open heart and one minor surgery. for the minor one, they put a shunt in me so i'd live. the doctors thought i would die, but i lived on! i have to go see my cardiologist once a year..but there have been times when my health is good so i didn't have to go a couple times. :D it's all pretty stressful. but ya get through it. I'm 18 years old..and will probably need surgery before i'm 30... :(
.Susan

Postby Otis » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:46 pm

I had the same as you Susan (transposition of the great arteries when I was a baby, also had a hole in my heart) Its a small world and all that eh!!

See if you drive a toyota aswell then that'll be well freaky!! :roll:
Its all fun and games until someone gets kicked in the beanbag!!
Otis

Postby Andrea » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:42 pm

hiyaaaa

im andrea and i was born with TGA and had open heart surgery at 3 days old.
ive never been on here before so hope u dnt mind me postin this

xxxxxxx
Andrea

Return to Teenage GUCHs Forum