No kids

A place for GUCH Patients and their families to exchange experiences and gain support. So please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

No kids

Postby Angeladawn » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:13 pm

Hi all

I have TGA and am in my 40s. I have no kids as I made the wrong decision ( I think) when I was younger not to have them as it wasn't advisable

As a result, I don't feel like a real woman and always feel inferior to women that have got them

Can anyone who hasn't got them relate?

Ta. Ps. I always wanted them. That was the only thing I wanted
Angeladawn

Re: No kids

Postby Tricky Dicky » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:49 pm

Hi Angela, not many people come on this forum anymore, it is more lively (and you'll get more responses) on the somerville foundation facebook group................
Tricky Dicky

Postby Miss Summers » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:27 am

Hi Angla,

I can completely relate. I was born with Tectrallogy of Fallots and have a leaky vavle. It's be advised that I don't have children naturally. One of my friends had just had a baby and I completely surprised myself at how sad it made me feel as I thought this is something I will never experience. Im learning how to accept it and the fact is you don't have to have children to be complete. Have you ever thought of adoption ? Although it's not the same I truly believe there a so many children out there that need a loving home this is something I am concidering in the furture.
Miss Summers

Postby Angeladawn » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:26 am

Thank your Nice to know someone else understands
Angeladawn

Return to General Discussion Group