13 years and waiting

A place for GUCH Patients and their families to exchange experiences and gain support. So please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

13 years and waiting

Postby Shelob1 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:27 pm

I am a new member and i am looking for help, support or guidance for my daughter in law, as she is at her wits end. She is currently 24 and was born with a hole in her heart. She had surgery at age 11 to correct this but the operation was botched resulting in a series of strokes which has naturally effected her life ever since. She has a negligence claim in, and the hospital has admitted liability and have been supporting her financially for some time. The issue is she seems no nearer to getting this matter settled than she has ever been, she was recently told it might go on for another 2 years. Now I am sure good reasons are given for the continuing delay but I am really worried how it is now effecting her, she is getting very depressed. She has the support of my large family network, but really needs more expert advice as to what she can do to resolve this.

Any advice or help gratefully received.
Shelob1

Re: 13 years and waiting

Postby Tricky Dicky » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:15 pm

Hi Shelob have you tried the somerville helpline? Call Helpline on 0800 854759, it is open 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday, or email your questions to helpline@thesf.org.uk.

Not many people come on this forum anymore, it is more lively (and you'll get more responses) on the somerville foundation facebook group.
Tricky Dicky

Return to General Discussion Group