Hitting my late 30s with TGA. Bit of reassurance!!

A place for GUCH Patients and their families to exchange experiences and gain support. So please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Hitting my late 30s with TGA. Bit of reassurance!!

Postby KellyCB » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:50 am

Hello, I'm 36 (37 next April) and have transposition of the great arteries. I have noticed that over the past couple of years I have become more tired and suffer more bouts of AF (I have a pacemaker), and 'bumpy heart', as my husband and I call it. I had a wee girl 5 years ago, which went well, but child rearing is tiring at the best of times, and I work 2 part time jobs, so I cannot tell if my exhaustion is what anyone else would suffer, or symptomatic? My husband also complains of tiredness, and he's 42 and perfectly healthy.

Can any other people with tga of a similar age let me know if they've had similar experiences? When I discussed with my cardiologist, he wasn't sure either, as my heart shows no physical change since before I was 29. I am concerned though, that my experiences (and that I have been catching illnesses more than normal - though this could relate to my daughter starting school and bringing lots of new germs home), are the start of a downhill trend with the old dicky ticker.

Cheers for listening,
Kelly
KellyCB

Re: Hitting my late 30s with TGA. Bit of reassurance!!

Postby acoton » Mon May 08, 2017 9:45 am

Hi Kelly,

I'm 35 now and have had my dual chamber pacemaker, from TGA, since 2002. We have a 4yr old. Pregnancy went really well heart wise. I think everyone is different and because of that your body will respond to things differently to others. So I guess you know how you feel in yourself. If you think there is something wrong then keep an eye on it and keep checking in with your cardiology team? Sure you'll be fine!
acoton

Return to General Discussion Group