Bi-ventricular Pacemaker

A place for GUCH Patients and their families to exchange experiences and gain support. So please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Bi-ventricular Pacemaker

Postby judith » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:52 am

HI Everyone,
5 weeks ago I had my 7th Pacemaker fitted but this one is my first Bi-ventricular Pacemaker. I think I need some advice from fellow users of a Bi-ventricular! Yesterday I went for my first check to ensure that the pacemaker was working properly. All seem to be OK but I was then told that as the third wire has been hooked into a vein and will not be attached to the heart muscle I must always be careful about using my arm and never to stretch up, say to get something out of a cupboard, incase I pull the wire out! I always thought that these sort of precautions were only for 6 weeks not for life! Has anyone else been told this sort of thing or was the technician being over cautious? I don't really fancy having restricted arm use from now on but if this is the case I suppose I'll just have to get used to it!
Thanks Judith Parker
judith

Re: Bi-ventricular Pacemaker

Postby paula-43 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:41 am

Hi Judith I've just had my pacemaker re- located (Thursday)as it was too near the surface of my skin ( my decision to have it done) this one has only been in for 12 months!! The consultant said although it's not a new box treat the recovery as though it is, no driving ,complete rest,and don't get the area wet for a week and no heavy lifting or stretching for 4 weeks! Nothing about long term no stretching! sorry I can't be of more help but hope to get it sorted x
TETRALOGY OF FALLOT
REPAIR 1973
paula-43

Return to General Discussion Group