Transitional period for adults with congenital heart disease

A place for GUCH Patients and their families to exchange experiences and gain support. So please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Transitional period for adults with congenital heart disease

Postby John » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:18 pm

Hi Can anyone help Beth?

Many thanks

John

I am a third year psychology student conducting a research project on the transition period from paediatric cardiology services to adult services and the formation of the self identity for patients with congenital heart disease.

This is a personal area of interest for me as I was born with transposition of the great vessels and underwent the arterial switch shortly after birth.

I am currently looking for participants who have been diagnosed with congenital heart disease, have been attending cardiac appointments since and are over the age of 18 years old, to attend a short interview at the University of Liverpool or alternatively a telephone/Skype interview. I am hoping that your participation will help me better understand this significant period in a patient’s timeline.

If this is something you would like to participate in, please contact me using the following email address to receive an information sheet and to arrange an interview; however any questions regarding this study as also welcome.

Thank you

Student Investigator: Beth Callander
Email: hlbcalla@liv.ac.uk

Lead investigator:
Dr James Cruickshank
Email: Cruick@Liverpool.ac.uk

Telephone: 0151 794 6954
School of Psychology, Eleanor Rathbone Building, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, L69 7ZA,
John
GUCH National Director

Return to General Discussion Group