Pregnancy experiences

A place for GUCH Patients and their families to exchange experiences and gain support. So please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Pregnancy experiences

Postby Lisbird » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:30 pm

Hi,

I've just joined the forum and looking for experiences and support from women with CHD that have had babies,have tried or are trying.

I've just turned 39, and got married 2 years ago. Originally, I didn't think women with my condition (transposition of the great arteries) would be able to have children. I was surprised when my cardiology nurses kept asking if I was thinking of having a baby. I've had a review and the answer wasn't no, but there is a possibility that my heart function may never recover and that the baby would need to be delivered before 32 weeks.
My mother thinks I should consider surrogacy, but I don't even know where to start with that....

I've stopped my Ramipril, but on Warfarin. If I didn't have a heart condition, I think I would just go for it and see what happens......

I am interested to hear other peoples experiences, thank you

Lis x
Lisbird

Re: Pregnancy experiences

Postby Meeks » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:06 pm

Hi,

I too am very interested in this topic. If you type pregnancy in the message board search bar it will pull up all the different chains discussing this.

All the best!
Meeks

Re: Pregnancy experiences

Postby HelenB68 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:32 am

Please do as suggested and read the other threads.I'm Helen HelenB68 and I have contributed to a lot of these posts. To be brief I have Complex PA, had two pregnancies, one early miscarriage and our stillborn son Eddie at 24 weeks before having our daughter through surrogacy. Please PM if you would like to.
Good Luck.
Love
Helen
x :)
HelenB68

Return to General Discussion Group