Walking Groups for GUCH people

A place for GUCH Patients and their families to exchange experiences and gain support. So please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Walking Groups for GUCH people

Postby gingerach » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:23 pm

Hi,

I really want to get fitter and thought walking would be a good idea. I tried joining a local walking group but they were just too fast for me (although very nice and supportive). Does anyone know of any group I might be able to join that's for people like us? I live in South Yorkshire.
Rach
gingerach

Re: Walking Groups for GUCH people

Postby Alexldn » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:22 pm

Hi Rach, I walk quite a lot but on way home from work etc due to time constraints - if you can't get a local group I'd suggest a fitness watch (I've got a Fitbit charge HR), your phone and some headphones for motivation and enjoyment

I'm a pretty slow walker too and also don't like to feel like I'd be slowing others down so haven't joined a normal group (other than the time issues)

Good luck, Alex
Alex - TGA (Mustard procedure) and associated other issues
Alexldn

Postby Jane2Blue » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:37 am

Exercise in a group seams very difficult to find I have posted extensively about the social aspects of this issue but solutions seam sparse unless you are able to keep up with the non chd exercising population although it is often possible to join groups full of the over60's and just about keep up.
Jane2Blue

Postby Jane2Blue » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:37 am

Exercise in a group seams very difficult to find I have posted extensively about the social aspects of this issue but solutions seam sparse unless you are able to keep up with the non chd exercising population although it is often possible to join groups full of the over60's and just about keep up.
Jane2Blue

Return to General Discussion Group