Expensive hospital trip - help please

A place for GUCH Patients and their families to exchange experiences and gain support. So please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Expensive hospital trip - help please

Postby Superpeggy » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:15 pm

Hi
I have to go for a cardiac ablation at the Heart Hospital at the end of February.
Our problem is that I need to be picked up by car! We live in Norfolk so are going to have to drive down. So with congestion charges and parking we are looking at around two hundred pounds for the two days I am in hospital. Plus accommodation for my husband at eighty pounds .
This is not the kind of money we just have and yet neither of us receive any benefits so do not qualify for help from the hospital.
What do other people do ???
Many thanks
Superpeggy

Re: Expensive hospital trip - help please

Postby askanne » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:53 am

Dear Super Peggy,
I just happened to see your post. The Somerville Foundation does have a hardship fund that people can apply to for financial help. The application does take a little time to process so please contact Helen Barker in TSF office on 01473 252007 as soon as possible. Helen will be able to give you more information and chat to you about what's involved..

I do hope all goes well for you with your ablation. Please be in touch if I can be of any help.

Best wishes,
Anne
Mental Health Support Worker with the Somerville Foundation

Generally available Weds, Thurs, Fri
anne@thesf.org.uk
020 8240 1165
askanne
YP Mental Health Project Worker

Return to General Discussion Group