Fontan conversion- looking for Olivia

A place for GUCH Patients and their families to exchange experiences and gain support. So please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Fontan conversion- looking for Olivia

Postby JasmineKelly » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:43 pm

Hi all. I am looking for a girl called Olivia who had a TCPC at Southampton a few years ago. I have now been offered this surgery by Newcastle Freeman hospital as an alternative to transplant and have lots of Qs that the doctors aren't able to answer yet- principally about recovery and what life would be like after TCPC.

Wendy Knowles- I have read your interesting piece in GUCH news about why you decided TCPC wasn't for you, thank you for being so honest.

Any contributions welcome!

Thanks
Jasmine
[i]Double inlet left ventricle and severe subpulmonary stenosis
Various atrial arrhythmias since 2001 and ongoing :-(
AP Fontan, 1985
Six ablations and four cardioversions, 2004 - 2015
Syncope
Declined Fontan conversion
Meds: warfarin & dronedarone
JasmineKelly

Re: Fontan conversion- looking for Olivia

Postby AllisHarris » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:34 pm

Hi,
I found Olivia on Facebook. I am having the Fontan Conversion operation on January 20th, 2015 at Texas Children's Hospital in Houston, TX, USA. I was able to send a message on Facebook to her page, and she replied within a few days. If you PM me, I will send you the link.

Thanks, Allis
AllisHarris

Postby AllisHarris » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:39 am

Here us Olivia's Facebook. I just got home today from the hospital after my Fontan Conversion/Revision.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=223410968

Message me if you have any questions.

Much Love,
Allis
AllisHarris

Postby JasmineKelly » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:25 pm

H Allis. Thanks for the link. How did your operation go? I've now been told I need an 'aggressive rhythm control strategy' to try and sort out my persistent (permanent) atrial tachycardia before surgeon will consider doing my Fontan revision. Otherwise the risks (of what I haven't dared ask) are too high. Hoping to have the rhythm stuff looked at on 19th Feb in Newcastle (UK). I've already had five ablations and various drug therapies so I am not expecting miracles - just a big enough window of stability for my conversion to be done.

Jasmine x
[i]Double inlet left ventricle and severe subpulmonary stenosis
Various atrial arrhythmias since 2001 and ongoing :-(
AP Fontan, 1985
Six ablations and four cardioversions, 2004 - 2015
Syncope
Declined Fontan conversion
Meds: warfarin & dronedarone
JasmineKelly

Return to General Discussion Group