In need of support/advice please!

A place for GUCH Patients and their families to exchange experiences and gain support. So please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

In need of support/advice please!

Postby Andreakellis » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:48 am

Hi I will try to explain as best as I can. My son is 25 and has an aneurysm at the site of his coarctation, it is currently 2.5cms. They were going to insert a stent via keyhole but after an appt on wednesday they are now saying it is too complicated and now need to do ohs! I am scared this will be my sons 2nd ohs and he has also had 2 coarc surgeries with incision in his side. The first op being at 10 days, 2nd age 3 and the 3rd corctation surgery age 13. The aneurysm as I see it is inbetween the artery leading to left arm and the left carotid artery. They could do 2 bypass surgery to keep blood flow to brain and arm but have said they would only do this in an older patient and he is deemed fit enough for ohs. this surgery is complicated and doing ohs will hopefully get a much better result. Anyone out there in a similar predicament or just any support. Sorry for the rant and thank you for taking the time to read!
Andreakellis

Return to General Discussion Group