life insurance

A place for GUCH Patients and their families to exchange experiences and gain support. So please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

life insurance

Postby joseph » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:34 pm

my son had a ventricular fibrillation attack 7 years ago and has an ICD inserted. He is setting up home with his girlfriend and they are expecting their first baby in December. For peace of mind he would like to obtain some life insurance but he has been turned down by everyone we have tried

Does anyone have any advice please?????
joseph

Re: life insurance

Postby elizabeth » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:59 pm

Hi, Joseph

This is a common problem. Insurers don't have much data to calculate the risks so often just say a flat "no".

Couple of suggestions:
- shop around. Suggest he tries every company because different underwriters have different criteria and some may consider him on an individual basis.
- look into different insurance products. Some people I know have bought term assurance in this situation. That can offer financial security without so many of the difficulties of life insurance.

A good broker is very hard to find but if you can find one they might be really helpful in these circumstances.

Good luck.
TGA - 1976, Mustard 1977 & baffle repair 1984.
elizabeth

Postby itbestuk » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:01 pm

Hi,

I had the same problem, but for Insurance to cover me as a self employed person (1m+). I went to L&G via http://www.protected.co.uk/.

L&G insisted that I had a review with a Cardiolgist Consultant, and an ECG. Bascally to confirm that I have no underlying issues. I had my check up today, which consisted of a consultation with the consultant, ECG and ultra sound on my heart.

Hopefully that will be enough for them to approve my insurance, might be worth giving L&G a call if you havent allready,

Iain
itbestuk

Postby chriscrane » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:35 pm

I used a company called http://quotemeless.co.uk who are really decent as well.
chriscrane

Return to General Discussion Group