Connecting Guch People and services

A place for GUCH Patients and their families to exchange experiences and gain support. So please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Connecting Guch People and services

Postby Jane2Blue » Sat May 04, 2013 10:33 pm

I was wondering what any one though about how well servises were connected I now know of th Guch nurses from the jubilee hospital in Glasgow and I see the consultant inInverness out reach clinic but don't seam at the moment to have access to the rest of the team such as nurses or physios. What is everyone else's experience of getting access to a multidisciplinary service when they access the service from a hospital not in their area by outreach clinics. What would bethe most helpful ways for people to get access to advice from people such as nurses /physios e.g.producing business type cards with e mail addresses and telephone numbers so that it is easier for the doctors to give people information about other proffessionals in the service if they are unable to have the whole team attend the outreach clinics. I in attempt to give the same service to people living anywhere from the most motherly punt of Shetland to the most southerly point of the Channel Islands. There is always Skype! These technologies are used in remote areas to give medical advice why not when Glasgow is communicating with the rest of the country!

Surely all these services are useful to all guch patients and should be accessible to all

WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY!!!
Jane2Blue

Return to General Discussion Group