Anyone in Aberdeen area?

A place for GUCH Patients and their families to exchange experiences and gain support. So please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Anyone in Aberdeen area?

Postby Amber McGlone » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:09 pm

Hi guys and girls, is there anyone on here in the Aberdeen area (I live in peterhead)? Quite new to the site and would like to speak to someone...I am 18 with aortic valve stenosis and a heart murmur waiting to hear whether I am getting an op this year or not and would just like someone to speak to hope to hear from someone soon! :D
Amber McGlone

Re: Anyone in Aberdeen area?

Postby vicki » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:50 pm

Hi Amber,

I'm not, but I know someone who is (well I think they are anyway!) I'll go off and let them know.

:D

Vicki
vicki

Postby Jennifer » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:05 pm

Hi there Amber, I'm in Mintlaw!!!! So not fad from u at all!!! Im an adult CHDer and also a mum to 2 boys, one who has a CHD. Any help/info please get in touch. Also im on facebook. Look forward to 2 " talking" to you.
Jennifer

Postby Amber McGlone » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:52 pm

Thanks Vicki! Much appreciated :D

Hi Jennifer, I have pm'd you :) x
Amber McGlone

Postby vicki » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:48 am

Pleasure :D

I know someone near Wick too...

Vicki
vicki

Postby paula-43 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:55 am

hi Amber
i'm in Caithness up near wick pm me any time
Paulax
TETRALOGY OF FALLOT
REPAIR 1973
paula-43

Postby Jane2Blue » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:33 pm

I'm in inverness granted not very near Aberdeen! I'm also an adult but I disput that I am grow up!
Jane2Blue

Postby Jane2Blue » Thu May 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Any one in contact with the bravehearts organisations in Aberdeen or Banff and Buchanan feeling a bit lonely!
Jane2Blue

Postby Amber McGlone » Thu May 02, 2013 7:18 pm

No sorry I can't help with that :/ in reply to your earlier post you're only as old as you feel. If you want to talk feel free to mail me. I'm happy to chat or you can find me on Facebook :) x
Amber McGlone

Postby Jennifer » Mon May 06, 2013 10:07 am

Hi there, im a member a Bravehearts through thier Facebook page, i emailed aberdeen@youngheart.info, but no one has gotten back to me. :(
Me and my son (also has a CHD) would love to met others in our surrounding area.
Jennifer

Postby Jane2Blue » Mon May 06, 2013 3:52 pm

Hi are you in Aberdeen itself? I e-mailed both Bamf and Aberdeen brave hearts last week to see if they knew of anyone further north but no reply as yet but I suspect if they are just a few parents who get together they may not look at the bravehearts e-mail too much I was going to give them a few weeks and try again. It dose seem difficult to ever people here despite the high population at paediatric and guch clinics. I didn't even here about the foundation at a cling despite it being around since I was 2 organisation. Of everything was very southerly winged on bhf site about Southey bias possibly unfair as there are more people down there and easier to get people together due to terrain have to say unfortunately in my experience their health service is not coping so well!
Jane2Blue

Postby Jennifer » Mon May 06, 2013 6:47 pm

Hi there, im actually in Mintlaw, (35 miles from Aberdeen), Yes it seams once u hit further than Glasgow/Edinburgh, they don'tseam to remerber there are people with CHD's!!! If you know what i mean.
I would love to meet others as i have never met anyone with a CHD, i have loads of friends on facebook with chd's.

I didn't know anything about the SF, Bravehearts or CHD-Uk until 2 years ago when i did a search in the web out of curiousity. I was never told of any of these sites, and they are so worth while to join as we all share a comman "problem" as we can all support each other, or just have a chat and moan. :)
Jennifer

Postby Jane2Blue » Tue May 07, 2013 7:52 pm

Hi

What would the best strategy to remind them that the 1in150 birth rate of congenital hd continues once you get past then low lands apart form my angry letters sitting in my head and on my computer? Am in contact with brave hearts Scotland who appear to be in contact with the congenital heart disease network.
Jane2Blue

Postby Marj_eo » Wed May 29, 2013 10:38 am

Hi Amber - I'm in Peterhead! Not been on here for a wee while. I'm a bitty older than you but have or had aortic stenosis, murmur and sub-valvular membrane now all sorted. Happy to chat. Margo
Marj_eo

Postby Amber McGlone » Thu May 30, 2013 7:57 pm

Hi Margo, nice to know there is more people closer to me :) hope you don'tmind my asking what your surname is? Would be nice meet others and have a chat :) xx
Amber McGlone

Next

Return to General Discussion Group