No More Surgery

A place for GUCH Patients and their families to exchange experiences and gain support. So please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

No More Surgery

Postby WENCHY » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:13 am

I am under the Brompton Hosp and had a rough time of it lately, most of you will understand the feeling of so much going on my head it is in a spin so i will try to explain.
I had angiogram last January my pulmonary valve replaced last July which did not improve my symptoms then had an ablation last November which left me very poorly with more severe symptoms which drs did not know why. So been some days unable to leave my bed which i told one dr whom said i was not as bad as i thought which angered me ,the next day i had a stress test showing any exhaustion causes heart failure to worsen so proved the idiot wrong.
After this i started complaining as had enough as they keep having MDT meetings but decide not to operate on tricuspid and mitral valve which i may add leaves me with none of my own valves lol
Anyway went in for another angiogram about 4 wks ago that left me feeling really ill bp 70/50 hr 45 that i thought i was dying and long story about kidney levels and results that when i did get them ended strait in resus as kidneys were failing.
Now i think the cause was too much strain on my heart as went in there 4 times also the medication which has been changed.
Just received letter re the MDT meeting which says i may not benefit from open heart surgery and also SIGNIFICANT RISK due to previously repeated surgery, so decided i will not have anymore surgery which i feel better about as i know where i stand now,
The next step though is Dr Wong wants me to have a pace maker which i said let me think about it as betablockers make my heart rate to low.
Any advice is welcome as i do not really do much anymore as get too breathless so tend to stay at home which i know does not help with my mental state which is not to good any way lol
STRETCHING OF AORTIC VALVE 6 WKS ,
OPEN HEART SURGERY TO STRETCH VALVE 12YRS BY MR ROSS,,
ROSS PROCEDURE 21YRS HEART HOSP 1982 BY MR ROSS,
ABLATION 2007 BROMPTON,
ABLATION 2010 HAREFIELD,.
WENCHY

Return to General Discussion Group