Leaking pulmonary valve.

A place exclusively for people aged 39 and over to discuss issues affecting older GUCHs

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Leaking pulmonary valve.

Postby Juliatee » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:59 am

Hi,

I am new on here and am posting for advice and support. I am a 66 year old female with a complicated medical history. I had OHS in 1955 and 1976 for pulmonary stenosis and an atrial septum hole and up to a few years ago when I began to feel very tired I had a full an active life. Now I am virtually housebound by this, rheumatoid arthritis and a vertigo problem. Various investigations show my pulmonary valve is leaking severely but cannot be fixed the transcutaneous way as the hole is too big for a replacement valve and I am too old for OHS and I wouldn't want to go through with it anyway. I tried bisoprolol to calm the palpitations but it completely slaughtered me so I am on nothing at the moment unt il the ACHD clinic gets back to my GP with some advice. I feel utterly fatigued most of the time and feel if my heart was better I could cope with the rest of it.

I find life intolerable, from having been a busy active person I am now a complete physical and mental wreck. The only thing that keeps me going is my dear old dog.

Help, please

Juliatee
Juliatee

Re: Leaking pulmonary valve.

Postby Tricky Dicky » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:11 am

Hi Juliatee, very sorry to hear about your troubles, you will probably find more support and maybe somebody who could help in the somerville foundation facebook group, it gets a lot more traffic than this forum.
Tricky Dicky

Return to 39 Plus