Leaking pulmonary valve.

A place exclusively for people aged 39 and over to discuss issues affecting older GUCHs

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Leaking pulmonary valve.

Postby Juliatee » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:45 pm

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to this forum. I am 66 years old and had surgery at Guys in 1956 for pulmonary stenosis and again in 1976 for PS and repair of atrial septum. After about 15 years of annual check ups they told me to clear off , I was mended and any problems go to your GP. I didn't really think I had any problems until about 10 years ago I realised I was getting some frightening palpitations and had an echo. No one said anything was wrong until about 5 years ago a retired GP friend happened to ask me if I had been seen by anyone , so saw my GP who had a listen and sent me off for another echo, and sure senough severely leaking valve. I have since been a patient at the ACHD clinic at
Sheffield and they say open heart surgery is too risky and I can't have transcutaneous valve replacement as the hole is too big. Future looks pretty bleak. Have had a go on bisoprolol which slaughtered me so at the moment am managing without anything. I could now start on about how inefficient the hospital is at sending clinic and monitor reports which dosnt help my poor GP. I find now I get very tired quickly, and because I have rheumatoid arthritis , very dry painful eyes and to cap it all a vestibular disorder which lives me dizzy and nauseated a lot of the time, I have pretty much withdrawn from life. All my friends seem to be fit and active and I feel so angry that after having a busy life I can't enjoy my retirement. I live alone with little support from anywhere to be honest.I sometimes just wish it was all over and it it is just my dear old dog that keeps me going. Sorry to rant on but this is the first forum I have found that has contributors that are in a similar situation to me.

All the best to everyone and keep as well as you can.

Juliatee
Juliatee

Return to 39 Plus