Single GUCHS

A place exclusively for people aged 39 and over to discuss issues affecting older GUCHs

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Single GUCHS

Postby CardiacAngel » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:32 pm

Hiya

I'm a single mom of 2 living in Tamworth, does anyone else find it difficult to meet a partner who understands their heart condition, I have met men and the first thing they say when I tell them about my heart condition is are you going to die on me, I would love to meet a guy who has a heart condition who understands.
CardiacAngel

Re: Single GUCHS

Postby Rainystone » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:42 pm

Hi there,
I'm new to this site today,
I was in a relationship for 19years, married for 16yesrs, then Nicember 2015 my husband left me for some one else.He told me that he couldn't watch me die?? Big strange I know as I had been with him for that length of time. He knew all of the problems that I had got and had overcome.
So I totally get what you mean. I'm trying to pick myself back up after such a massive blow. The one thing that so bothers me is exactly what you high lighted on.

I'm sure we will out live the others.
Take care
Rainystone xxx
Rainystone

Postby Rainystone » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:49 pm

Hi there,
I'm new to this site today,
I was in a relationship for 19years, married for 16yesrs, then Nicember 2015 my husband left me for some one else.He told me that he couldn't watch me die?? Big strange I know as I had been with him for that length of time. He knew all of the problems that I had got and had overcome.
So I totally get what you mean. I'm trying to pick myself back up after such a massive blow. The one thing that so bothers me is exactly what you high lighted on.

I'm sure we will out live the others.
Take care
Rainystone xxx
Rainystone

Postby judith » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:30 pm

Hi,

Never give up! You can have a relationship again. I married when I was 21 and everything was fine and my husband knew as much about my condition as I did. Then when I was 24 I was admitted for an emergency valve replacement after contracting endocarditis. I was in hospital for 3 months and 2 weeks after I came home my (ex) husband walked out on me, basically he just couldn't cope. We split I rebuilt my life and 18 months later I started going out with Steven. We are due to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary next March. There have been many ups and downs with my health but we have got through it, you just need to find a strong man who cares for you and not what everyone else thinks! Take care.
judith

Return to 39 Plus