A place exclusively for people aged 39 and over to discuss issues affecting older GUCHs

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Postby Mpb2009 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:25 pm

Hi. I found this website by accident online during the wee hours of Sunday morning and have been reading the topics ever since. I am completely overwhelmed by how supportive everyone is of each other - so much so I find myself crying as I read.

For probably the first time since my diagnosis 22 years ago this week do I feel like I am not alone in this. I'm so glad I found you all! My chd remained undiagnosed until the age of 20 despite suffering, what I'm told, classic symptoms of aortic coarctation - terrible leg cramps, shortness of breath, all through my life. It was eventually diagnosed 40 mins after delivering my daughter. I've been told it's a miracle I even survived the pregnancy. The aortic coarctation has since been repaired and is holding up well however I also have a leaking bicuspid aortic valve and an enlarged aorta.

I'm just so tired the past year or so and the leg cramps are back so MRI next month. Just reading about how tired people are has made me feel normal, especially after gp told me on Friday that I should probably "just eat a packet of salty crisps before bed and that'll sort it out" and made me feel like I had wasted her time - despite my infrequent visits to the surgery. MRI arranged by me in the end directly with hospital.

Sorry this has turned into a bit of a rant - just relieved finally to have someone to share this with who gets it.

Thank you for listening
Mx
Mpb2009

Re: New member

Postby Tricky Dicky » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:35 pm

Hi Mx, welcome to the forum, it's gone a bit quiet at the moment.........

If you are on facebook there is a somerville foundation facebook page.
Tricky Dicky

Return to 39 Plus