New boy

A place exclusively for people aged 39 and over to discuss issues affecting older GUCHs

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

New boy

Postby buttyboy21 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:23 pm

Hi everyone.

My name is Ian i am 43 yrs old , last october 2013 i was told i had 2 large hole's in the heart ( ASD) one at 2.4 cm and the other1.6cm plus a number of smaller holes
the consultant described my heart as... like a block of swiss cheese, i also had AF and the enlarged right heart, i was in a bad way.
I have always led a very active lifestyle, cycling, walking,and never had a problem..... Then i started in early 2013 with slight dizziness, short breath and as every bloke does completely ignored it and put it down to working to hard, any way after a couple of bad episodes i could'nt ignore things any longer and went y
to get checked out..... thats when the fun began.
so in feb of this year 2014 i had open heart surgery to close the hole's and while they were routing around found i also had a damaged tricuspid valve which they had to repair (with a ring )... they also constructed me a new septal area.
i have been recovering well but it has been very hard, i still had a flutter on the heart which i have just had an Ablation done last friday the 5th, took about hour and and half and was told it was a success , the ablation has took it's toll on me but all being well this should be the green light to finally push on and get back to some normality .............. IAN
buttyboy21

Return to 39 Plus