Life and Critical Illness Cover?

A place exclusively for people aged 39 and over to discuss issues affecting older GUCHs

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Life and Critical Illness Cover?

Postby hkiekut1 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:18 am

I am 47 years old and had an aortic dissection three and a half years ago. Having been fitted with "spare parts" (aortic graft), I spent two years building myself back up to my previous levels of fitness, which has negated the need for almost all my medication. I am a keen triathlete, but stick to sensible distances (Olympic and Sprint) and within the guidelines recommended by my cardiologist.

However, despite being very fit, my financial adviser has been unable to find a reputable company who will give me life and critical illness cover between now and the age of 60. I am looking for cover for my wife and myself, just in case something happens to one or both of us, we know our children are financially safe. It appears that the insurance agents hear the word "aortic dissection" and then get their proverbial barge poles out. I am even quite happy to exclude any aortic problems from the list of qualifying events, but that was not successful either.

Has anyone else had similar experiences and were they successful in finding a reputable company that could cover them?
hkiekut1

Return to 39 Plus