Stay Positive

A place exclusively for people aged 39 and over to discuss issues affecting older GUCHs

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Stay Positive

Postby ajolly » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:48 pm

Hi All

Just wanted to drop a line to all of those who may be waiting for treatment/scans/follow up appointments with ASD - just wanted to let you all know that I am now 4 weeks post open heart surgery and feel so much better. I know that the waiting for treatment/hospital appointments is the worst and you may feel at times so low and poorly but please do not give up the faith - stay strong and positive and know that although it may take some fighting and time to get there, once you have had your treatment you really will feel so much better and be back to your oldself in no time. I still have a lot of healing to do as it's still early days but I can tell that the operation has been a success and it is so lovely to not have to deal with constant palpitations, feeling poorly, scared and stressed. Stay positive folks and I am here if anyone needs a chat/reassurance/recommendation for a surgeon.

A :)
ajolly

Re: Stay Positive

Postby keano » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:20 pm

how lovely to hear!!! keep getting better every day xx
Sharon
AF & ASD diagnosed March 2008 London Heart Hospital
closure OHS for 19mm ASD 20 october 2009
frontal drainage fluid on heart 15 november 2009
full sternotomy and fluid drainage 17 november 2009
AF / catherter ablation - success Jan 2009
keano