A place exclusively for people aged 39 and over to discuss issues affecting older GUCHs

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Postby Heartstream » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:16 pm

Hi everyone

I have been given this site information from another site valvereplacement.org.

I am having a second OHS to replace my tricuspid valve with a mechanical valve.

Has anybody had any experience of having the tricuspid valve changed or repaired. I had mine repaired 2.5 years ago but it failed on the fourth day post op. :(

I am hoping this time it works and I feel better in myself?

Thanks

Heartstream
Heartstream

Re: Newbie

Postby Forlyd » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:06 am

Hello Heartstream,
Sadly cannot give any help with experience of tricuspid valve op, but I do wish you big success for a better outcome than last time. I too have severe tricuspid regurgitation which has a pretty bad effect on my liver, but, due to the weakened state of my "Ticker", I cannot survive the anaesthetic needed for an op to replace the valve.
I can understand your apprehension in advance of the operation but urge you to go ahead with it. The effect on your liver of an extended period of tricuspid valve mess up is not something I would wish on anybody. Hubby has to continually check me out for signs of the Jaundice coming back. That would mean a lot more pills to be taken. As if we don't already take enough medication !
Sorry I can't help but I do hope all goes well for you.
Love from Lydia.
Tof,Pulmonary valvotomy 1952,Pott's shunt 1955,Pott's correction-VSD & dacron graft with Hancock valve 1975. Ablation 2001.Bivent.fail & AF 2002. Cardioversion 2002.Paroxy AF 2002. Ostial stenosis right CA. Cardiac arrrest-ICD 2004. In AF-vent/pacing.
Forlyd

Re: Newbie

Postby Heartstream » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:53 pm

Sorry to hear about your situation. :cry: I had some tests a few months ago and everything was ok for me to have the Op. I am feeling more and more tiered so I hope it works this time.

Thanks for your reply and I wish you well

Heartstream
Heartstream

Return to 39 Plus