Pacemaker problem

A place exclusively for people aged 39 and over to discuss issues affecting older GUCHs

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Pacemaker problem

Postby SteveH » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:37 pm

Hi Everyone. I have Ebstein's Anomaly and many years ago I had an ablation for increasing arrythmia. Then I had a slow heart rate so had a pacemaker fitted. I am used to just the occasional burst of arrythmia maybe once a month or so. However...On 16 Dec I had the pacemaker replaced and since then I have had frequent short bursts of arrythmia with my heart doing double speed, around 120bpm. They only last 15 to 20 seconds but are unpleasant and happen many times a day. The pacemaker people I have talked to are insisting that this arrythmia cannot be caused by the pacemaker. But I cannot believe that my heart has suddenly devloped a new arrythmia on the day the pacemaker was fitted. Does anyone have any experience of this?
Thanks for any responses,
Steve
SteveH

Re: Pacemaker problem

Postby elizabeth » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:10 pm

Hi, SteveH

I don't have a pacemaker myself but I have heard a very similar tale of woe from a friend who does. She has had a real saga getting the pacemaker settings working. I'll send her a link to this thread in case she can add anything specific.

If you're on Facebook, there's a group called something like "You're Only Cool if you have a Pacemaker", which seems to be mostly inhabited by (relatively) young people with pacemakers and someone there may have something specific to help.

Hope you can get it all settled.
TGA - 1976, Mustard 1977 & baffle repair 1984.
elizabeth

Return to 39 Plus