still feeling special

A place exclusively for people aged 39 and over to discuss issues affecting older GUCHs

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

still feeling special

Postby susan manley » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:09 pm

This birthday has made me feel really special and I don't think I could feel any luckier to be alive!!!!
susan manley

Still feeling special

Postby Forlyd » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:28 pm

Hello Susan,
You have every right to feel "Special". Having reached, what in our terms is, a Ripe Old Age, you are special. I feel much the same having reached my 64th. last Friday.
As Paul has said, Diabetis is an ailment which can be reasonably controlled with medication. Compared with what you were born with, is diabetis really so huge a problem ?
Take it in your stride and enjoy your new found "Old Age" for many years to come.
Best wishes and love from Lydia.
Tof,Pulmonary valvotomy 1952,Pott's shunt 1955,Pott's correction-VSD & dacron graft with Hancock valve 1975. Ablation 2001.Bivent.fail & AF 2002. Cardioversion 2002.Paroxy AF 2002. Ostial stenosis right CA. Cardiac arrrest-ICD 2004. In AF-vent/pacing.
Forlyd

Postby susan manley » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:37 am

thank you
I am coming to terms quite well with the diabetis now especially with the wonderful support available on the web site forum. i think I just had a wobbly as it seemed at the time as the final straw and referance to my slight overweight etc made me feel like it was all my fault.

However all is good now. Following a low carb diet and have my next consultation next week so hope that goes better than the last!

:D :D :D :lol: :lol:
susan manley

Return to 39 Plus