Double marathon-on a skateboard!!!

A place exclusively for people aged 39 and over to discuss issues affecting older GUCHs

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Double marathon-on a skateboard!!!

Postby edgie » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:51 pm

My husband David is taking part in a double marathon (53 miles) on his skateboard to raise awareness for GUCH's and Organ Donation.

Yes I said my husband -..we both fall into the over 39's category but thankfully he isn't a GUCH, although he did lose brother aged 10 months back in 1968 to heart condition.

It's the second weekend in August and will be held at Goodwood Park.

we are still waiting to hear from our designated charities but will post and further info.
Coarctation of aorta-surgery aged 4, Endomyocardial fibroelastosis,severe Pulmonary Hypertension, Congestive Cardiac Failure Atrial fibrillation/flutter- AV ablation+pacemaker, Mitral/aortic valve regurgitation -awaiting heart/lung transplant
edgie

Postby Carbomedics27mm » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:04 am

Last edited by Carbomedics27mm on Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carbomedics27mm

Hi Jonathon

Postby edgie » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:59 am

Thank you for your reply, yes I believe it is Sussex.

The 'roller' run takes place on the 14th.

We are anticipating another trip to Newcastle transplant unit early August so we hope that that appt does not interfere with David's marathon.

I will keep in touch, would you prefer me to pm you?

Regards Amanda
Coarctation of aorta-surgery aged 4, Endomyocardial fibroelastosis,severe Pulmonary Hypertension, Congestive Cardiac Failure Atrial fibrillation/flutter- AV ablation+pacemaker, Mitral/aortic valve regurgitation -awaiting heart/lung transplant
edgie

Return to 39 Plus