First Post

A place exclusively for people aged 39 and over to discuss issues affecting older GUCHs

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

First Post

Postby Jane P » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:23 pm

Just to say hello.
My name is Jane, I am in my mid 50's and have Fallot's Tetralogy and also have a duel lead pacemaker which was put in Jan 2007.
I am due to go into the Brompton soon for a biventricular system and would like to hear from anyone with this as I am frightened about this.
I have to go to the Brompton as I have a narrow coronary sinus.
Jane P

Postby vicki » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:28 am

Hi Jane,

I also have a dual chamber pacemaker and I'm having discussion with my cardiologist about it being "upgraded" to a biventricular pacemaker. Mind you this discussion has been going on for more than 2 years but it's become a bit more of an issue as I have a probem with the venticular lead in the current pacemaker.
Reading about them it looks as if better function can be achieved with biventricular pacing- which would be great!

Vicki
vicki

Postby lisap » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:27 am

HI Jane

Welcome to the board. Whilst I don't have the same condition as you there are many here who do and we all understand what you're going through. Imagine the board as 100's of pairs of listening ears :)
Lisa P

Angios, TOE's, MRI's & CT's
AV replacement surgery & aortic root enlargement 28th March 08
AV replacement (mechnical), aortic root enlargement and conoventricular septoplasty 26 Feb 2015
Endocarditis Winter 2014
Bristol GUCH patient
lisap

Return to 39 Plus