Helping Older and Less Able GUCHs

A place exclusively for people aged 39 and over to discuss issues affecting older GUCHs

Moderators: Moderator6, Moderator2, Moderator5, Moderator1, moderator7, Moderator3

Postby susan manley » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:54 pm

I think I have been very luck. from born to live for 2 years I have now had my 60th birthday
Also as I grew older I have grown more able to cope with all the sh!*** that life sends and [except in those very low times] enjoy the challenge

roll on the next 10 years!!
I have even written a bucket list which I would never have dreamt of doing before as the idea of looking further than a few months was impossible it seemed

I was amazed I gave birth to my children, then saw them go to school, remarkably saw them leave home and then marry, now it seems a magic wonder that I have had the honour of seeing my grandchildren and could even see a great one or two.

Life is amazing because of all the wonderful people who have worked for us and our futures
susan manley

Re: Helping Older and Less Able GUCHs

Postby Forlyd » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:14 pm

Hello Jules,
Hubby never told me about your post so am very late in replying. As my profile states, I am a Tof and am now 65 years old. Born 1948 had my first op (old fashioned one) in 52 then again in 54. Had correction op in 75, this time was the standard zipper op. Nobody can say with any certainty what causes the tiredness but, I would venture that our muscles were underdeveloped prior to our ops. We restricted our exercise to protect our repaired hearts to such an extent that we allow our muscles to stay almost as weak as they were before our ops. I am so physically tired that I need a wheelchair (pushed by 77 year old hubby) but do not envisage dropping off my perch just yet. Keep going Jules, don't get depressed by tiredness. Tiredness can be helped by SLEEP. The heart will NOT be helped by depression !!!
Lots of love from Lydia.
Tof,Pulmonary valvotomy 1952,Pott's shunt 1955,Pott's correction-VSD & dacron graft with Hancock valve 1975. Ablation 2001.Bivent.fail & AF 2002. Cardioversion 2002.Paroxy AF 2002. Ostial stenosis right CA. Cardiac arrrest-ICD 2004. In AF-vent/pacing.
Forlyd

Postby susan manley » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:44 am

depression and tiredness do go together
Also I was very light as a child as are a lot of us and , apparently, this means the bones etc don't develop so well adding to the tiredness later in life....but we are alive!
susan manley

Postby arty » Tue May 09, 2017 6:41 am

Maybe encouraging to some of you - I just wanted you to know that I am aged 71 this year. Diagnosed with Congenital Heart Conditions in my 50's, so have had no operations only a pacemaker. Because of other numerous conditions I cant tell if my fatigue is due to my heart or other things.
arty

Previous

Return to 39 Plus